Chapter 29

"Mom," Betty said quietly, entering the kitchen in a clean pair of pajamas, hair wet and curly.

"Morning, baby. Why aren't you dressed already?" Alice asked, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Betty groaned quietly. "My period is going crazy. Can I take painkillers?"

The older woman sighed. "How bad is it?"

"I need to change the sheets," she murmured, cheeks a bit more pink than usual.

Her mom sighed. "You want to stay home?"

"Yeah?" Betty asked with hopeful eyes.

"You don't have any tests today, do you?"

"No. I need to study for the SAT-s anyways," she said, lowering herself down on a chair.

Alice got her an apple. "Here. Eat that. I'll give you some medicine after that." Betty nodded, biting into the fruit. "You changed into a clean pair of pajamas?" Alice asked with a frown.

"Uh, well. I was hoping you'd let me stay home... Plus I'm not capable of wearing jeans right now."

Her mom chuckled a bit. "It'll be better when you're older."

"I really hope so."

"Hey baby," Jughead whispered, kissing Betty's cheek when she opened her eyes. She was in the bed and he had gotten there a few minutes before, carefully spooning her, her head on his biceps.

"Mh hi."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, a little," she sighed and turned her head to give him a kiss. "I should go running. It helps," she said, gently rolling herself around to face him.

"Doesn't it hurt?"

"It does, but after the run it's a whole lot better," she smiled a little. Jughead smiled as well, his hand intertwining with her hair, twirling her curls between his thumb and index finger.

"Mind if I come with you?"

"You want to come running with me?" she smiled excitedly.

"I'd rather eat Pop's with you, but yes. If you feel bad or something, I'll take you home."

"Aw, you're sweet," Betty said against his lips, kissing him all over again.

"Hey you," Betty smiled when Jellybean came to her, climbing onto the couch as well.

"Hi," the almost 4-year-old said with a big smile, climbing onto her lap. "What are you doing?" she asked curiously.

"Reading a book," Betty answered. "I guess I'm done now."

"Hey," FP walked into the living room.

"Hey," Betty said, giving Jelly a kiss on the cheek as the small girl managed to snuggle herself comfortably into Betty's body while she was half sitting, half lying on the couch.

"Are you gonna be home for a while?" the man asked with a sigh. "I need someone to watch Jellybean. I didn't know Jughead had a shift tonight, but I need to go to work..."

"He does," Betty smiled, making FP smirk.

"See, I should've known that too."

"I'm gonna stay at home, don't worry. I need to study anyways."