Chapter 21

"Honey. Wake up," Alice said quietly, shaking Betty's shoulder softly while sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Mhh," Betty mumbled, pulling the duvet over her head, making her blond curly hair she had washed last night fall over her face.

"Betty," Alice sighed.

"I don't wanna go," she murmured, eyes opening under the covers. "Can you write me a note?"

Al sighed, pulling the covers down to her shoulders. Betty's green eyes met hers and Alice smiled a little. "It's going to be okay. You know so many people already. They're not gonna leave you alone."

"I don't know the teachers... And they said every teacher hates the southsiders. Plus I'm not good at school. I suck in every single subject and I don't understand anything and I'm falling behind."

"That's okay too," Alice said softly with a small smile. "And the teachers won't hate you, don't believe everything that Toni tells you. They've pulled too many pranks on the school and the staff, but nobody even knows you."

Betty sighed and pushed the overly curly hair out of her face, closing her eyes again. "Will they hate me if I'm late?"

"Yes."

"You're just saying that so that I'd get out of the bed," Betty smirked, opening her eyes a little.

"Come on," Alice chuckled. "I need to go and get Toni up as well." Betty chuckled and nodded, sitting up slowly. Alice kissed her hair and got up. "Get dressed."

Betty had only been to Riverdale high once in her life. It was three days ago when they went to get their schedules, books, lockers, and everything else related to school. She thought it was a bit too small and she was so disappointed there weren't normal stadiums, just one normal sized one. At her old school there were like three.

She handed her helmet back to Jughead who smiled at her and placed it onto his motorcycle accompanied by his black one. "You okay?" he asked, hand gently touching her chin and leaning it upwards so that her eyes would meet his.

"Everyone's looking," Betty told him feeling an enormous amount of eyes on her.

"That's because you're new. You're the first one ever since Veronica got here. And you just got a ride by the Serpent Prince," he cringed at his own words, hating that nickname. "No girl but Toni has ever ridden with me."

"Well I guess I'm special then," Betty smiled.

"You most certainly are," he said softly and leaned down to place his lips on hers.

"Hey lovebirds! We're gonna be late! Hurry up!" Cheryl shouted, her and Veronica waiting next to the front door, the four of them having the same Math class first.

Betty's hand moved onto Jughead's on her face and she laced their fingers, pulling her face away a little. He smiled when she kissed his cheek and tugged him towards the school, not wanting to risk being late on her first day. She kept her eyes on the ground when they walked past some cheerleaders and jocks who were staring at the two of them.

Once in the class, Betty sighed quietly, seeing empty walls and basically nothing else in the classroom. She was not used to that one. "You two. Move," Cheryl said to two girls who seemed to be cheerleaders as well. Betty frowned when they did move to other seats, freeing up the two tables in the first row, accompanied by the two in the second one.

"Are all the tables separated?" Betty asked Jughead when the two of them sat down in the second row, Ronnie and Cher in front of them.

"What do you mean?" the boy asked, adjusting the beanie on his head.