Chapter 22

"Betty?" the blonde heard. "Betty." She looked up at the older version of Jughead sitting in front of her, a smirk playing on his lips. "You know if you want to understand anything, you need to be in the same world as I am," FP chuckled, trying to teach her physics that she sucked at.

Betty groaned and dropped her face onto her arms on the table, the hair bouncing all around her head. "It's boring," she murmurs.

"It is. But it's not that hard. You can get it done."

"No. It is hard. I don't understand a shit," she complained, lifting her eyes to meet her boyfriend's dad's.

"You need to get this through or she won't let you miss a week of school to go to California."

Betty sighed deeply and sat back up. "Alright. Shoot."

FP smirked and explained the same thing over and over again until she had grasped at least a bit of it and converted the thoughts to skills. After a few hours, both of them were certain she was at least able to get a C out of it and not fail with a F.

"Okay. What's the equation of rotation?"

Betty sighed deeply. "Which one?"

"It's name is equation of rotation. The classic one. Come on," FP encouraged.

"P?" Betty asked.

"No, P is rotational power." The girl sighed, dropping her head onto her nape. "Come on, Betty. This is the last one. Think."

"My brain hurts," she complained. FP waited patiently with a smirk on his face, looking at the way her whole face was wrinkled up when thinking. She was so much like Toni. "The weird soft double u?"

"Yeah," FP smiled.

"Uhh..." Betty took a pen  and wrote down all four lines of the equation, pushing it in front of her boyfriend's dad. FP looked at it with a smirk and in a while nodded, looking back at the hopeful blonde in front of him.

"Yeah, it's... The third is the first from rotation power, but all the others are right. You're gonna pass it if you keep studying every day."

Betty gave him a small glare. "No way."

FP chuckled at her and got up from the kitchen stool just as Jughead and Jellybean came into the kitchen. "You finished now?" Jug asked, standing behind Betty so that she could lean on his chest. She did and let him wrap his arms around her to hold her steady.

"Yes," she said. "And never again."

"You learned a lot of stuff today. It was good for you," FP chuckled apologetically. "I won't push you more."

Betty slid off the stool and gave the older man a hug --something he wasn't expecting-- and then opened the fridge with a small smile on her face. FP looked at Jughead questionably, but the beanie-wearing boy only smiled and shook his head a bit. None of the people in Riverdale were used to being touchy or giving hugs and kisses on the cheeks, but Betty was. And she always did. Jughead loved it while the others always tensed up when she hugged them, not used to it.

"What?" the blonde asked them, lifting Jellybean to sit on the counter and handing her a pack of chips she looked like she wanted.

"Dad's not used to giving hugs to anyone besides me or Jelly, so..." Jug smirked.

A grin broke out on her face. "Oh. Sorry," she giggled.

"It's alright," FP said with a smirk and took the chips from JB. "You need to eat healthy."

"Betty can eat them," Jelly pouted.

"She also works out a lot," FP explained.

"Come on she's just a baby," Betty said, giving her the chips back and making her happy.