25. Legolas' Confrontation

"You knew about this?!"

Legolas glared at Arabia from across the table in the war room, it was the morning after Ronan had decided to skip off and go after Reiness.

"Not indefinitely," Arabia replied, sighing.

"You lied to me. Why?"

"I did not lie to you!" Arabia hissed, her voice becoming unnaturally hissy," You never asked!"

Legolas narrowed his eyes, and leaned foward; his elbows on the table.

"You knew about Reiness, but you did not know about Ronan, did you?" he said.

"I did know about Reiness, and Ronan- Legolas, that was obvious!"

Legolas pinched the bridge of his nose, and let out a hard breath.

"He was not going to just sit here while his sister was out risking her life!" Arabia's eyes were beginning to glow.

"I told him specifically not to go after her, and he deliberately-"

"Yes! He deliberately disobeyed you because he's my son! He does not play by the rules!"

"Well, he's my son too!"

"Yes, that couldn't be more obvious, Legolas!"

There was an eire silence, in which Legolas frowned at Arabia; confused.

"Legolas," Arabia walked around the side of the table," He's your son, no one can deny it."

"What are you talking about?" Legolas asked, watching her.

"He went after someone he loves, because he doesn't want her out there without him. Who does that sound like?"

She smiled, and lifted her hand to touch her green leaf necklace. Legolas sighed, tucking a stray strand of her golden hair behind her pointed ears.

"You finally realize why I went after you all those years ago?" he said.

"No, I always knew why; I was just too foolish not too accept it."

Legolas narrowed his eyes at her,

"What do you mean?" he asked.

Arabia's expression was a mixture of frustration, anger, and wary-ness; her eyes avoiding his

"As a Nature Queen, it's in our blood to feel that we have something to prove. I certainly did my share of it,"she glanced up at him.

"Yes," Legolas shook the memory of her last breath, or what he thought was her last breath.

"And I'd rather you not prove anything else after that," he said.

She chuckled,

"I know, but this isn't about me, it's about Reiness. She hasn't had her chance to prove herself, yet."

"I should think that escaping alive from being in the Black Witch's dungeon for three years would suffice!" Legolas snapped.

"Not for her, it wasn't. And Ronan knows this."

She sighed, and shook her head absentmindedly.

"That's why he went after her, because of what happened when I went after you," Legolas said, his tone dragging.

"Yes," Arabia turned to face him," And you can't stop him from doing that!"

"I had to try!" Legolas gestured to the books that were still scattered around the table.

"Legolas," Arabia put a hand on his arm," You told Reiness not to go after the stone, why? You knew she was going to do it anyway."

Legolas sighed,