Birthday

Monse's POV

It has been two weeks since I left Freeridge. The book tour has gone well so far. I honestly did not expect all the meetings to go as smoothly as they have. The tour has been pretty fast-paced it's kind of hard to keep up sometimes what is great to have Jason. He thinks that by the time the tour ends we will be able to do countrywide launch. We have done a few pre releases but that was mostly to generate some buzz for the tour. I am having a good time but Houston isn't as fun as it could be, it's missing one thing. The city is lovely don't get me wrong. I have been so busy I thought I almost forgot that today is my birthday. Though this isn't the first birthday away from home it's still kind of weird without my dad or Cesar to celebrate with.

I hear knocking at my door . Who could it be? Jason schedule today as a day off so I figured I wouldn't hear from him today. I open the door and see one of the hotel staff members. She's holding a bouquet of flowers and a card. Yellow roses, my favourite. I think I know who these a from but I decide to read the card anyways.

Happy Birthday Mon . I hope you have an amazing day my love. I'm so proud of everything you're doing. I hope this 22nd chapter is better than the last one and will do whatever I can to make that possible. We will celebrate when you get back in two weeks. I love you.

-Ces

P.S. call Jason

Call Jason? Uh, okay. I do as I'm told and ring Jason.

"Hey Jason, I was told to call you?" I'm still unsure of what Cesar is up to.

"Yes of course, but first happy birthday girl! You're boyfriend somehow got a hold of me and made plans for the day so I'll be there at 1 for our afternoon of fun," he explains I can sense his excitement.

"He's not my boyfriend Jason," I roll my eyes

"If he's not and doing this for you then you better make it official soon. He's a keeper," Jason tells me as if I don't already know this. Maybe I'm just being silly.

"Yea, yea. I'm going to get ready. What should I wear?" I get back to the topic.

"Uhh....jeans should be fine," Jason hesitates

"Alrighty, see you later!" I need to call Cesar.

"Hey Mon, happy birthday," he smiles. I missed seeing his face.

"Thanks. I'm not sure what you and Jason are up to but I'm excited to find out," I admit.

" You'll have a great day, I promise. I see you're wearing my hoodie," he smirks.

"It's comfortable and it's yours," I blush.

"I love seeing you in my things. When you get back you should do it more often," he teases.

"I don't think I'll have much use for your things at school," I shrug.

"I wasn't thinking about school. More like when you stay over at mine," he winks sending chills down my spine.

"Cesar Diaz!" I shriek. He knows how to make me squirm.

"We'll have lots of celebrating to do when you're back that's all I'm saying," he tries to seem innocent.