one

chapter onelittle bruises

chapter one
little bruises

***

Ray's eyes were shut ever so lightly, her body relaxed into the soft bed underneath her. Her teeth sunk into her bottom lip, suppressing the moan inside of her that was dying to escape. Her hands, fisted in the covers, toes curled, back arched. The breath in her lungs never seemed to stay for very long. It seemed to disappear with every movement.

And when it finally came, her body filled with euphoria, her head hit the pillow once more and her gaze fell upon the white ceiling.

Soft kisses were pressed to her inner thighs before  the blankets were lifted and the man between her legs moved from the floor. Ray, who's cheeks were ever so pink in blush, pulled the covers to shy away.

Though there needn't be a reason to shy away from the man that held her heart, and she knew that very well.

"I feel like I should return the favor." Her voice was only a whisper in the quiet room. She paused for only a moment, waiting for a snarky response.

Though when she didn't get one, she turned to look at the man in the bedroom with her.

Only it wasn't a man. It was a monster.

With black holes as eyes and a gaping mouth, the man stumbled towards the bed.

Ray couldn't keep the screams from falling from her lips and she moved backwards. Her back hit the wall and within a second a hand was wrapped around her throat.

She couldn't breathe. She was suffocating. Her throat was raw in pain, black spots filled her vision, and she could only accept that Death had finally caught up to her.

And then, she died.

***

Ray jumped from the bed with a start. Her chest was heaving up and down as she did her best to take in any amount of oxygen. She grasped at her throat, coughing and spitting up into the bed.

The young woman reached for the glass of water by her bed, knocking it over and causing it to fall onto the carpeted floor. She cursed to herself as another round of deep coughs filled her lungs, taking away the very air they held inside.

The door was then opened and light streamed into the too dark room. A dark figure stood for only a moment before taking two steps towards the bed.

"Ray." Steve Rogers set his large hands on her shoulder, leaning her into a sitting position. "Breathe, Ray. Breathe."

But the woman could only cough more and more, her body converging as it ran out of air.