five

chapter fivebucky

chapter five
bucky

When the small Wakandan ship landed in front of palace, Ray felt nervous. She no longer felt sick, or even remotely dizzy, but she was nervous. She felt awful too; she felt selfish for being here even if it was against her will. She only prayed that Shuri's serum worked and Bucky was finally free.

Ray stood along with everyone else as the ship finally settled and the drop door opened. She could already see how bright it was, and wanted more than anything to crawl back into bed.

Steve sensed her apprehension, and despite her anger towards him and his to her, he went to stand by her. "I know this is hard and I know you don't want to be here. But it's what's best for you."

Ray knew that he was right but she didn't like it. So she didn't say anything. Instead, she followed them out the doors and into the African air.

King T'challa was anxiously waiting their arrival, and by his side was the Princess. Shuri was ecstatic to learn that Ray would be visiting, even if it was under sad circumstances. The two had gotten close when Ray spent the month in Wakanda.

In fact, the younger Princess could hardly contain her excitement and nearly bolted to Ray.

"I am so happy to see you!" Shuri smiled happily as she hugged her friend. "I have missed you, Ray. How do you feel? I have all our doctors on stand by."

"I feel fine." Ray set her hands on the small black disk that still sat in her throat. It was what made it easier for her to to breathe.

Shuri looked at her friend through narrowed eyes for only a moment, but then smiled. "I had redesigned a leg for you. It's my fourth one. I have an even better design than the last. This one will help you run smoother."

"Sister, I do believe that Ray might want to greet her other friends as well." The King interrupted their conversation.

Ray looked over at the King and tried to hide a smile. No matter what she did, T'challa never grew angry at her. Though she was more respectful to him now, once they had actually become friends.

"Wassup." Ray gave her old friend a hug, even though she hated hugs. It seemed that the Avenger's always hugged when they met a friend they hadn't seen in a while.

"I have set up a room for you in our medical room. It should have all of what you need." The King told her.

Ray nodded and looked behind him, watching as a less than stranger approached them.