twenty five

chapter twenty fiveinterrogations

chapter twenty five
interrogations

Ray grimaced as Bruce stitched the stab wound on her arm. Luckily, and as far as they could tell, there was no real internal damage. Ray had been lucky.

The cut on her throat had been stitched too, and it hurt Ray more than the one of her arm. She knew that it would be healed quickly, that was just another lucky part of having super solider serum running through your veins.

Bucky sat to the side, holding her hand and allowing her to squeeze it each and every time Bruce stick the needle in her skin.

"Thank you..." Ray said when Bruce finally finished. She wasn't sure what to call him, as she had accidentally just called him dad in fear. But she knew if she called him Bruce again it would be awkward; but she also wasn't ready to call him dad yet.

"Of course." Bruce said quietly, pushing his glasses up. "Are you alright, Bucky? No wounds?"

Bucky glanced at the man for a moment before shaking his head. "I'm fine."

Bruce nodded and then stood up. "I'm going to check in the woman who attacked you."

"She has a cut on her leg. I thought I saw one." Ray told him.

Bruce gave them a quick nod before he left the kitchen, which is where they had been sitting. An hour ago the entire room had been packed . Even Cory, Bailey, Jack, and Sofie were concerned of Ray's wounds. Natasha has freaked out; she had been showering when everything happened and wasn't there. She felt more guilty then ever.

Then Bucky, seeing Ray's discomfort, made everyone get out so Ray could have some peace while her dad stitches the wounds.

"Thank you, Bucky." Ray said as she stood up slowly. She still felt slightly dizzy after the blow to the head she received. "I totally had it handled though."

"Is that what you call getting stabbed and nearly getting your throat slit?" Bucky looked at her. The image replied in his mind and he felt sick again. "When I saw her... I swear to God."

"I'm fine." Ray reassured him and set her hands on his. "I'm fine. Just a couple of stitches. I've had plenty the past year."

"That doesn't exactly make me feel better, Ray." Bucky told her with annoyance; not directed at her but at the situation. He blamed himself for every scar on her body.

"I'm okay." She brought his hand up to her mouth and kissed his skin. "Now let's go see the bitch that thought she could kill me."