thirty six

chapter thirty six death

chapter thirty six
death

Rough hands first grabbed Ray, pulling her off her balance. Her body collided with the floor, her gun clear across the hallway. She could just barely hear the call if her name before the HYDRA agent that first attacked her, attacked again.

Though Ray was quick; she had trained with some of the best assassins the past year. She moved her body at the last second, grabbing onto the gloved hands that attacked her first. Using their body, she pulled herself off the ground.

Within a moment, and using a move Natasha taught her all to well, she was sitting on the man's back with his neck between her arms. He fought hard as the last few breathes slipped from his lungs but Ray had the upper hand, both in strength and in intelligence.

When her feet touched the ground again, and the agent was dead at her feet, the only sound in the hallway was ragged breathing.

"What the fuck, Ray?" Bucky nearly yelled. "When the hell did you learn that?"

"I told you I was capable of handling myself." Ray looked at him.

He only stared at her, not believing what he had just seen.

"Stop staring, lover boy." Wanda urged them both on. "We have a job to do."

"What's going on over there, Barnes?" Steve's voice came through the headset.

"More agents. Have you guys even lifted a finger?" Bucky asked.

They all heard Steve chuckle and then gunshots. "Yes. Quite a few, actually. You almost at the base?"

"Twenty yards."

"Good."

They were soon met with a huge metal door. There was no handles, no access points, only a metal slab.

"What the hell?" Ray asked as she approached the door. Her hand ghosted across the cool surface before she backed away again. "Wanda, can you get through? What's in the other side?"

"I don't hear anything." Wanda replied. "Move back, everyone."

Everyone listened to Wanda. Thea stood behind Ray, and Ray behind Bucky. She held onto his metal arm with a tight hand, and he wrapped the metal around around her.

The door bursted open under Wanda's control and they were met with an eerie silence. The only sound that interrupted it was a steady beeping from a machine in the center of the room.