twenty one

chapter twenty one videos

chapter twenty one
videos

The next day, Bruce has finalized the exact serum recipe that he had used, however with no calls from Wakanda, they were stuck on the ranch until they could come up with a plan.

They all took occupancy in the basement. Several blow up air mattresses along with actual beds were gifted to them. They preferred to stay together then separate after the past few days; and it was weird from them to be without each other now.

Steve tried every hour to get into contact with T'challa. After their discovery of the gunwoman having been in Wakanda undetected, Steve needed to warm them. But there was no contact.

They were stuck.

Ray was the least happy about it. She kept thinking of different ideas and places to go, somewhere other than here. But she couldn't think of it.

Ray had been sitting in her old bedroom, looking through old books that brought sweet memories of Bucky to her, when the door opened.

Ray looked back to watch as Bucky walked into the bedroom and shut the door behind him. She noticed how comfortable he looked, so at peace. He was dressed in an old sweatshirt and lounge pants; a look she often saw on the ranch but hadn't seen in a while.

"Hey handsome. I was looking at the books. Remember when you'd read to me?"

"I do. I came up here because Bruce had an... idea."

"Oh, that's what I was smelling."

Bucky ignored her jokes. "He brought some stuff from Harlem. Some sort of tech, I don't really know. Anyway it's got a lot of videos and pictures from before the accident. He was wondering if you wanted to see them."

Ray rolled her eyes and pursed her lips. "Why would I want to do that?"

"Because you said you might want to have a relationship with him. And this could help you get some memories back. I would do it if I could."

Ray immediately felt bad then. Here she was, with a chance to remember, and she was wasting it. Bucky had little to no chance at regaining the memories that he had. His brain had been wiped too many times for him to even attempt at remembering most.

She felt selfish and stupid.

"You're right, I'm sorry." She scratched her head and walked over to him. "Will you come with me?"

"Always."

Downstairs, various thin wires were connected to the old TV and a very technology based laptop. Bruce was sitting on the floor, scrolling through holographic videos and watching them display on the old TV.

When Ray and Bucky walked into the living room, Bruce smiled at his daughter. "Hey, I'm so glad that you came down. I thought these might help."

"Well, I guess I don't have anything else to do." Ray sat down on the couch and looked at the TV. She remembered in her last year of high school, how she would spend hours sitting on the very couch watching TV and doing homework.