↯chapter twelve: AN EXPERIMENT↯

〘 chapter xii: AN EXPERIMENT〙

"Adhæsit." Draco heard a voice behind him say softly.  Draco immediately panicked, knowing what the spell meant.  He would be stuck to this chair or the table for the next five minutes or so which could only mean... Harry had finally caught him. Draco was scowling when Harry came and sat in the chair next to Draco, careful to not touch the table.  He watched Draco strain to pull his arms up off of the wood but it wouldn't work. "Stop avoiding me." Harry said.

"I'm not avoiding you." Draco said, glaring at Harry.

"It's been a week Draco. Can we please talk about what happened in the tower?"

"Over my dead body." Draco growled at him. He actually growled. Harry almost laughed.

"I'd prefer it if you were alive."

"Ha!" Draco said, sarcasm dripping off the word.

"If you wont talk to me..." Harry said, his voice quiet at first. "Then I'll be forced to talk louder and louder and-" Draco hushed him as students from the surrounding couple of tables looked over at them, confused. Harry frowned at Draco. "Talk to me Draco, please. This is just as bad as our first month back here."

"How?" Draco said with a roll of his eyes, still trying desperately to pick his arms up from the table.

"Because I'm not used to us not talking, even if we are just at each others throats." Draco looked over at Harry in half surprise. Is that really how the Chosen One felt?

"Undo the spell." Harry sighed. "Undo it so we can go somewhere else twat. We're not talking about this here." Harry set his jaw.

"You better not be lying." Harry muttered.

"I'm not a liar." Harry pursed his lips and made a slight sweeping motion with his wand. Draco picked his arms off the table and began to gather his things. "Just... go wait for me in our tower. I'll be right there."

"If you aren't there in the next..." Harry began.

"I will be just... I need a moment to think." Harry could see that Draco was serious so with another heavy sigh, Harry stood up and walked out of the library. As soon as Draco was sure Harry wasn't watching, he slumped down into his seat a little, wanting to slam his head into the wooden table. Why was Harry so goddamn insistent?