↯chapter ten: MORTAL ENEMIES↯

〘 chapter x: MORTAL ENEMIES〙

"He's not that bad."

Silence.

"You're not really Harry Potter are you?" Harry started to laugh as Ginny said this. "I'm serious. There's no way you're Harry. Who are you? Why aren't you complaining about how much hair gel Malfoy uses or how he's always so rude and sarcastic?"

"Like I said, he's not that bad." Harry said.

"You've been mortal enemies for years now Harry." Ron snapped, making Harry lose his smile. "And now you're what? Friends? Bloody mates?"

"Ron, it's not a bad..."

"Not a bad thing?" Ron demanded, standing and glaring at his friends. "He's an asshole. All of them are assholes." He said through his teeth. Ron had been more... Volatile as of late. Ginny was constantly sending owls out to their parents about his behavior and everyone kept urging him to talk to someone, anyone about how he was feeling but Ron always... Shut down. 

"Ron I know you're upset about what Pansy said but..." 

"But nothing." Ron hissed. "You heard what she said. Everyone heard what she fucking said." Ron spat out.

"You were edging each other on." Hermione said gently. "Pansy's a nasty piece of work but so were you that night. You basically... It was like you were accusing them of... Starting the war. We're just teenagers Ron. We shouldn't have had to fight for anything."

"But we did fight. We fought and we won and they still act like they're better than us." Ron said with a scowl. "Why did they even come back? Why did McGonagall allow this?" Nobody had any good answers. "The Slytherins are bad. All of them."

"Andromeda Tonks was a Slytherin." Harry said softly. He had just received a letter from her recently with a picture of Teddy who was squealing in the photo, hair changing from blue to pink and back again. Harry had the picture in his sweater pocket right now. 

"So was Merlin." Hermione reminded him. 

"Pucey, from the Quidditch team." Ginny said. "He was one of the only players on the team who never tried to cheat. I would know, I analyzed their moves."