↯chapter three: LOVE THY ENEMY↯

〘 chapter iii: LOVE THY ENEMY〙

Harry could hear someone crying and he was trying to find out who it was

Harry could hear someone crying and he was trying to find out who it was. Harry had a free period and was on his way to the library but the moment he heard someone crying, he turned around and followed the sound. "It's going to be okay little one." Harry heard a soft voice say. 

"No it's not." The voice of a small girl whined. "It's not fair! I don't want to be a Slytherin anymore! I don't want it!" The girl burst into a fresh wave of tears and Harry paused at the corner of the hallway, when he finally stumbled upon the scene. 

A tiny girl with brown hair, that seemed to be defying gravity, was crying into her hands, her Slytherin robe tossed onto the floor in a heap, looking like it had been stepped on several times over. That wasn't what made Harry stop though. What made him pause was the person she was talking to. Knelling on the ground next to her was the one and only, Draco Malfoy. "Oh come now." Draco said. "Being a Slytherin is fun."

"No it's not!" The girl wailed. "The friends I met on the train didn't want to speak to me anymore after we were sorted and then..." She sobbed bitterly and Harry swallowed hard as the girl said something to Draco he couldn't hear. 

"You'll make friends in our house. It's going to be alright."

"But I'm not a Pureblood! I'm a ruddy half-breed." She wailed.

"Oh that doesn't really matter."

"Everyone says it does!"

"Well I say it doesn't okay?" Draco said, rubbing her back lightly. "Who did this to your hair?" Draco asked, gingerly touching one of the strands that was floating above her head unnaturally. 

"I don't know who." She cried. "Some Gryffindor boys. They made fun of me because... Because of my parents and my house and they spelled my hair and took my books." Draco nodded slowly.

"Why don't we go tell the Headmistress huh? She'll be able to help you." The girl continued to cry and Draco sighed, pushing his robe back and taking his wand out. Harry watched Draco began to undo the spell placed on her hair before he picked up her robe and dusted it off. "Come on, I'll take you. It's not far." Draco said, holding his hand out to her as he held her robe in one hand. Amazingly, Harry watched the girl take his hand and the two of them walked away.