↯chapter sixteen: UNPREDICTABLE↯

〘 chapter xvi: UNPREDICTABLE〙

"They're plotting something. I just know it." Ron said. Hermione sighed loudly.

"Honestly Ronald, you're starting to sound like Harry." Harry snickered, eyeing Draco across the quad where he stood with Blaise and Pansy. His hands were shoved into his pockets, blonde hair still messed up from their earlier make out session. Pansy looked to be teasing him about it.

"Well if he's not gonna say it I will!" Ron said indignantly. "They're plotting something. Just look at them." Blaise seemed to be reading an excerpt from his book, not paying attention to his two friends and Pansy was teasingly swatting at the strands of hair in Draco's face. He was smirking down at her. Harry really wished he could just walk across the way and kiss Draco full on the mouth but he restrained himself.

"They look like they're just messing around with one another." Hermione said, getting back to her own book in her hands. Ron huffed and looked away from the unholy trio just as Draco slid his gaze towards them. He was still smirking and when he spotted Harry staring at him, his smile only got wider.

Pansy followed his gaze and when she saw Harry staring at them with a stupid look on his face, she flipped him off and stuck out her tongue. "Childish." Draco said. Pansy turned, tongue still out to flip Draco off too. Blaise looked up from his book and grinned.

"Cute." He said. Pansy nearly blushed.

"What did you want me to do Draco? Potter was staring at us. He's always staring at us. I'm trying to send a message." Draco shook his head.

"We're trying not to antagonize them remember?" Pansy shrugged.

"Occasionally."

"I still think you should apologize to Weasley." Pansy huffed.

"Why should I? I meant it." Pansy said with a slight roll of her eyes. Draco knew she was partly lying which gave him hope. It was actually Blaise that Draco worried about the most. The older boy had become even more distant and restrained since Goyle had died. Draco had tried talking to him about it before but it was like... Draco could feel Blaise's magic leaking out of him in angry waves. Blaise wouldn't even be holding his wand and Draco would be singed by his magic. Sometimes a wizard can be... Just that powerful. Being around Voldemort had felt like that, only on a stronger level. Sometimes when Draco was around Voldemort he felt like he was being burned alive. Sometimes it would leave smoking holes in the clothes of his Death Eaters.