↯chapter eight: HOPE↯

〘 chapter viii: HOPE〙

"You're going to make us fail

"You're going to make us fail. I can see it now." Draco said, staring down at the black mess inside Harry's cauldron. Harry dumped in more rosemary.

"It doesn't look that bad." Harry said.

"You're right, it looks even worse than I imagined." Draco said throwing one hand in the air and scowling lightly before running that same hand through his ash blond hair. "How did you mess up a simple drought?" Draco demanded.

"This isn't simple. It's a cure for Dragon Pox. I've never even seen someone with Dragon Pox." Harry said with a frown.

"And pray that you never do because this won't be helping anybody." Draco said.

"Are you gonna help me fix my mess or are you gonna insult me the whole time?" Harry said.

"Insult you. It's what I do best." Draco said, grabbing up the vial of lake water and dumping it into the concoction. Harry watched as Draco expertly dumped in one item after the other, barely even looking at what he was picking up and placing into the cauldron. Slowly, the black mixture turned a dark violet and then an almost galaxy blue.

"What'd you do?" Harry asked. He was still holding the arm of a salamander and a spring of mint. Draco took the mint from him and dropped it in. The mixture began to smell like toothpaste.

"I fixed it. It's what you wanted right?" Draco said, arching an eyebrow at him.

"Did you make toothpaste?" Harry said, putting down the salamander arm and leaning over the cauldron. "Because that's what it smells like."

"No I made..."

"Oooo what a lovely smelling concoction!" The professor exclaimed, coming to their table and wafting some of the scent from the cauldron into her face. "Did you two add mint?" Draco nodded curtly. "Oh very clever." She leaned in over the cauldron a little more and whispered, "I don't like the smell of Dragon Pox Cure either." She smiled. "Great work you two." Harry grinned over at Draco as she walked away.

"Show off."

"Did you want a bad grade?" Draco asked, arching an eyebrow at him. Harry shook his head and pushed his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose. "Well shut up then Potter."