Chapter four - The heartbeats of life

After Wei Wuxian meditated for hours that day, he stopped having eccentric dreams but he did notice something has changed. His stomach has been bloated, a lot. Sure, it was because his sleeping schedule has been fixed, he sleeps early and wakes up early enough to have breakfast with Lan Wangji. Another change is that Wei Wuxian, who hated Lan's food, has gotten used to it and ate it like it was one of the dishes from YunMeng, which is very heavy in flavor. He ends up having breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day, which surprised Lan Wangji quite a bit.

What Wei Wuxian was confused about is that his body, even without exercising, he would still be able-bodied since he is at a high state of cultivation despite his low spirit energy body(Mo XuanYu). At first, he did not mind his body since it wasn't that bad, their nights were still lovely and energetic as usual but once he noticed that his body was getting a bit worse after weeks, Wei Wuxian did not want to have sex. If he was really frustrated(or Lan Wangji), he would give his husband some services but not any more than that.

Trying not to let his body be seen, Wei Wuxian often bathes without Lan Wangji in presence, he also doesn't change shamelessly in front of him anymore. Even sleeping, he would still wear his clothes and does not take it off like he used to, and seeing this, Lan Wangji would ask him what was wrong for these sudden behaviors only for Wei Wuxian to brush it off and claim that it was nothing big.

Lan Wangji also did not push the topic further since he didn't think too much about it, and it's because he hasn't noticed much of changes in Wei Wuxian's body considering how he was always out with the Juniors for night hunting or stay in the Jingshi all by himself while Lan Wangji himself was always busy with the Lan's matters along with his brother, only coming back around the evenings to spend time with Wei Wuxian.

Though, one time Wei Wuxian was changing, back facing Lan Wangji in a very defensive way. When Lan Wangji touched his back lightly, he jolted up and accidentally slapped his husband's hand away. Realizing what he did was very unusual, he apologized right away and pampered Lan Wangji— who was confused at that time but had no reason to refused being spoiled by Wei Wuxian.

After that day, Wei Wuxian's temperaments began to be sensitive. He noticed it. Lan Wangji noticed it. Mostly everyone else noticed it but they dare not to say a word. He began to be a bit grumpier with himself, sadder to things around him, anything that triggers, also triggers his emotions. One night, he woke up crying because he dreamt of having spicy braised pork and kept on saying he wanted to eat it no matter what.

It was the first time Wei Wuxian has ever acted that way, and to Lan Wangji, it was a big shock. Not knowing how to act, Lan Wangji tried to calm down the crying man while panicking a bit on the inside. When there was no sign of Wei Wuxian calming down and going back to sleep, only crying louder and louder, Lan Wangji had no choice but to get himself in the kitchen and make spicy braised pork for his lover. Since Gusu Lan Sect is known for their vegetarian diet, Lan Wangji had to break rules and went outside to buy some pork.

Everything was a mess that night, Lan Wangji struggling to buy the meat in the middle of the night, Wei Wuxian sobbing non-stop while throwing a tantrum on the bed, making loud noises in Cloud Recesses that almost everyone heard him loud and clear. After spending quite some times in the kitchen, Lan Wangji returned to the Jingshi with a tray of food. Wei Wuxian ate the meal nicely but he was still sobbing until Lan Wangji put him to sleep and pat his back.

He was basically a spoiled child that night.

The next morning, Wei Wuxian woke up at eleven a.m. When he sat up half-asleep, he looked for Lan Wangji and when his husband came back to his side, he complained that his back was hurting and wanted a massage. Lan Wangji then rubbed his back and after a while, he carried Wei Wuxian to the bathtub and bathed him. When Wei Wuxian was in the bath—half-asleep— Lan Wangji then noticed how much Wei Wuxian bloated, his current stomach size was bigger than his normal slim and toned stomach.