Chapter five - Talks of Rumors

Waking up early in the morning, Wei Wuxian suddenly had the worst back pain he ever experienced. The moment he woke up and tried to move, he felt a long line of pain on his spine to his lower back. When he tried to sit up, it felt like his spine snapped in half and he let out an 'ow' and that awaken Lan Wangji.

"What's wrong?"

"L-Lan Zhan... My... My back!!"

"Your back? What happened?"

"My back! My back is hurting so much. I can't move! Lan Zhan!!!" Wei Wuxian cried out.

His back started to hurt even more, it was useless for Lan Wanji to use his spiritual power on him. He began to kick his legs around, but Lan Wangji immediately grabbed his legs and hold it in place. "You are pregnant."

That phrase put him back in his sense. You are pregnant. Those words rang in his head. When he stopped moving around and contemplating that he is pregnant, Lan Wangji carefully helped him sit up against the wall. Once the pain started hitting again, Wei Wuxian clamped his hands together and bit his lips.

Of course, he experienced many back pain before, whether getting punished by Madame Yu, or the Lan's punishments, or anything, he never felt this kind of pain before. The pain that made him felt like his spine was cut apart inches by inches. Wei Wuxian cried, "L-Lan Zhan... It hurts... Really badly..."

"Wait here." With that, Lan Wangji immediately rushed out the door to call in the physician. While Lan Wangji was away, Wei Wuxian felt his bloated belly. It has gotten a bit more bloated than yesterday. Soon, a rush of feeling came onto him and made him feel uncomfortable, he tried to swallow it down when Lan Wangji came back with the physician.

The physician then sat down beside the bed and examined Wei Wuxian. After a few short minutes, the physician concluded, "The back pain during pregnancy is normal, but it can be extreme. Moreover, since Young Master Wei is a male and... and since male pregnancy is a new and rare thing, it could be worse."

Lan Wangji, "Is there any way to help it?"

The physician, "Yes, I will prescribe some medicines for him, but he should not take it more than every four hours a day, and only if he's in pain. Back pain only occurs sometimes, so you don't need to worry. When in pain, you can soak a piece of cloth into hot water and let it rest on your back and stomach."

After prescribing what Wei Wuxian should take during day and night, Lan Wangji walked him out while the physician told him what he can do to support Wei Wuxian during his pregnancy and what will happen. Long moments after the walk and talk, Lan Wangji walked back to the Jingshi just to see Wei Wuxian sitting on the table with a smiling face. "Lan Zhan! I'm hungry~"

"During pregnancy, one will eat a lot."

---

------

Laying on the bed, Wei Wuxian was in deep thoughts. Sitting at the table, Lan Wangji was reading and grading the Juniors' reports from the night hunts. Every time Wei Wuxian switch and turn his leg, throwing his arm over and out, turning his body back and forth, Lan Wangji would steal a glance to make sure he's alright before going back to reading.

With the last shifting of his position, Wei Wuxian sat up and stared into space. Lan Wangji noticed and turn to him. "What's wrong?"

Wei Wuxian, "I am hungry."

Lan Wangji paused and thought to himself, it has been 2 hours since he ate.

"Lan Zhan, have you tried fried watermelon?"