•◦ 16 ◦•

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
ʏᴏᴜ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SIXTEEN• ʏᴏᴜ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

||▹track playing: sorry - halsey||

"No, no. You're not here," You whimper, shaking your head in denial, one hand on your forehead. "Did I take too many pain relievers? I always take two. I can't be imagining things. Maybe–"

You hadn't realized it, but Jungkook was in front of you now, hands cupping your cheeks and caressing your cheekbones.

"It's me, Y/N," He assures. "It's really me, baby."

The tears that swam in your eyes begin to fall, his thumbs wiping them away.

"No. No!" You push him off. "Where were you Jungkook?! I thought you were dead! And when I wasn't thinking that, I was thinking you didn't love me anymore and that's why you wouldn't come back to me!"

You were glad the music from the club concealed all your yelling.

"I was in Madrid, Y/N. My father is good friends with a Spanish mafia boss and they kept me under lock and key. I had only thirty minutes to myself every day. I had four guards following me everywhere, watching my every move." Jungkook explains. "I didn't have freedom, but that didn't stop me from planning to get back to you."

The tightening of your throat and the short intakes of breath made Jungkook comprehend how much the time being away from him has really damaged you.

He couldn't help but feel guilty and horrible. He should've kept his anger under control and not killed Hojun, but he didn't. He should've listened to you when you told him to stop, but he didn't.

"Why are you here, Y/N?" He asks softly. "Why are you working here?"

"Because of you!" You scream at him. "Because you owe money! Fifty-six million wons! I had to do this to keep you safe!"

"Baby, I'm the one that's supposed to keep you safe. You should've said 'fuck you'."

"It wasn't that easy. Chulmin threatened to tell Howon where you were hiding."

"With the number of guards there was, I don't think he could get through," Jungkook jokes, but you don't laugh so he shuts up.

"These past few weeks were the worst, Jungkook. I was so... I couldn't even–" Gut-wrenching sobs tear through your chest and you're not able to complete your sentence.