Glory

School that day was pretty boring. Gym was torture, history was terrible, math sucked, art was okay, but that was her only class that had Deathbringer in it, so he was his normal idiotic self. But the actual art part of her art class was great. Glory enjoyed drawing, and was fairly good.

There was something weird with a new kid at her school, though. He was really shady, was the son of Vice Principal Arctic, and was the teachers pet. His name was Darkstalker, and he had transferred from a school in the neighboring city, Pantala. 

Glory thought Darkstalker was odd. Like creepy odd. He had a long scar on his face, which Glory thought was weird, and made him even creepier. He had come with two other kids, named Clearsight and Fathom, who were more like his bodyguards than friends.

That afternoon, Glory met up in the school parking lot with her friends and asked them about Darkstalker. Their answers were fairly similar, and then Sunny brought up the topic of how everyone's day was.

"Mine was pretty normal, my classes are eh, but I only have Deathbringer in one class, so that's a bonus." Glory had replied.

"Lunch was the best." Clay said. "And all my classes were fairly boring, so, it was just normal school."

"Class was fine, and I'm really glad that the teachers didn't overload us on homework on the first day." Sunny said.

"I thought school was fine." Starflight replied.

"My day was great!" Tsunami started happily. "Riptide saw me between one of my classes, and we're getting ice cream together on Saturday, but other than that-''

Tsunami was cut off by a loud "YES!" From Sunny. "I knew it!"

"What did you know, beetle?" A voice asked, and the group turned around and saw Principal Thorn, who was also Sunny's mom, walk towards them. 

"Mother!" Sunny said happily. Her ears reddened and she looked at her shoes, embarrassed. "I knew that Tsunami and Riptide would start dating."

Thorn nodded, understanding. "I think we all knew that, except Tsunami and Riptide themselves."

Tsunami seemed to shrink. "Was I really that obvious?" She muttered.

Glory changed the subject. "Um... I've got things I've got to do, so I'd best be going."

Tsunami have Glory a relieved look. "So do I" she said. 

Glory and her friends all went home, exhausted after their first day back at the building of torture, a.k.a. school.