Sunny

A/N: I've been really inactive lately. I've just had a lot going on, and I've just needed a little bit of time. I'm on spring break now (and schools cancelled after that for the coronavirus) so hopefully I'll be able to update more.

"I'm so, so sorry, Sunny." Meerkat said. "I just didn't want--I didn't think--I'll explain later."

"You better." Sunny growled.

Darkstalker smiled. Sunny wanted to slap him. She couldn't believe it! He had first tried to murder Thorn, then he held all of them captive, made Smolder help him woth some stupid experiment, and Meerkat was working with him?

"Well," Darkstalker said. "Now that we have... restrained you, please, come with me."

Darkstalker led the group, with Auklet and Umber sticking by their siblings side, into his building, Where he then led them to a large room.

"Since I'm feeling nicer, I've decided to give you all a nicer room. I want to make you all feel at home. Its my pleasure. Dinner is at six." Then he left. But Meerkat was still with them.

Sunny turned to Meerkat. "Why." she said. "Unless you have a decent reason to do this, I will lock you in the closet."

"I did it to protect you." Meerkat said. He dropped his voice. "Darkstalker has security cameras everywhere. If I talk quieter, he can't make out what I'm saying." he took a breath. "I did all of this to make sure you were safe. I hate Darkstalker. But he called me a while ago, after you mom was hurt. He told me his whole plan, about using Smolder to do his experiment, and capturing you. He said if I didn't join him, he would hunt me down and kill me since I knew his plan. But, if I were to join him, then he would protect all of you, especially Sunny, and would make sure none of you were physically injured. So, pretty much, it was not join him and die, or join his stupid group and keep everybody safe."

"Well," Sunny started. "You do have a decent reason. I've forgiven you, but I'm still mad. Not just at you, but Darkstalker too."

"Okay." Meerkat said. "I can help you all get out of here too."

"We need to get Darkstalker in prison, too." Glory said.

Starflight nodded. "There's no point in getting us out of here unless we get Darkstalker arrested. He'll just do the same thing he's been doing."

"We need to stop him before he does his experiment, too." Fatespeaker said. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to have an experiment done on me."

"And we have to help Umber and Auklet." Clay said, rubbing his brother's hair messily. "I don't want either of them to be hurt in any way, or have anything done to them."

"Well, we need a plan first." Meerkat said. "So, anybody got an idea?"