Sunny

A few days after getting back to Pyrrhia, Sunny was hanging out in her living room, texting Meerkat about a date in a few days, and she heard a knock on the door. She set her phone on the couch, and walked to the door slowly. Who would be coming to her house? There was at least a foot of snow outside, and it was freezing cold. She opened the door, and stood there, gaping at the person in the doorway.

Smolder.

How could he have gotten to Pyrrhia? How did he escape? Many questions raced through Sunny's mind. All she did was say, "Wait here," and ran to her mother, who was in her room, on her laptop, most likely doing school-related things.

"Uh... mom?" Sunny said.

"Yeah, beetle?" Thorn replied, not looking up from the screen.

"We have a... visitor at the door." Sunny said.

Thorn looked at Sunny. "Who?" She asked. "There's snow outside, and it's freezing. Who would be dumb enough to be come here?"

Sunny grinned. "You'll see." She said.

Thorn gave Sunny a confused look. "Okay." She replied. Thorn followed Sunny to the front door, and Thorn gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. "Oh my gosh." She said. "It can't be."

Smolder stepped inside, giving Thorn a weak smile. He closed the door behind him. "It's me."

Thorn grinned, tears forming in her eyes. She hugged him, not caring that he was covered in snow and dirt.

"I love you." Thorn whispered in his ear.

"I love you, too." Smolder whispered back.

"Hate to break this up," Sunny interrupted, "But how did you escape? How did you get back here?"

"I didn't." Smolder replied. "I didn't escape. As soon as Darkstalker had finished whatever he was doing, I still don't know what it is, by the way, he threw me out. Literally. I had a little money, so I bought some food, then biked back here, since it was the only thing I could afford. I walked as soon as it snowed too much, and then I came here."

"Wow." Sunny said. She immediately respected him more than she already did.

"Did he hurt you?" Thorn asked. "Do anything bad to you?"

"No." Smolder replied. Sunny narrowed her eyes. Unlikely, Sunny thought, Darkstalker would never be that generous.

"Are you sure?" Thorn asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Smolder replied.

"Is there anything you need?" Thorn asked. "Food? Rest?"

"That'd be great." Smolder replied. "Thanks."

A/N: Since this one was so short, I'll try and update again this weekend (hopefully; no promises).