Sunny

Sunny got out of the taxi she was in, dizzy with relief. She wasn't dead! And none of her friends were either! She still couldn't stop worrying that the escape seemed too easy though. Whenever something really easy happened, something bad always seemed to happen, and Sunny couldn't shake that thought from her head.

Smolder was still with Darkstalker, too. Sunny couldn't stop worrying about him, and her mom. Sunny missed him, too. She has grown to care for him after getting to know him. And seeing her mother so worried and upset didn't help Sunny's mood. She also was worried about what would happen when Darkstalker realized his prisoners escaped, and if he would hurt Smolder in any way.

Lots of things worried her, but she still tried to be optimistic about everything so she wouldn't cause her friends too much worry.

"Hey, Sunny." Meerkat said, wrapping an arm around her.

Sunny jumped. Meerkat had startled her. "Hey, Meerkat." She replied with a smile.

"I didn't mean to startle you." Meerkat apologized.

"It's fine." Sunny said. "I was just thinking."

Meerkat quickly kissed Sunny. "Let's go to your house. That's where Thorn said to meet up when we got back here."

"Yeah." Sunny agreed. "Let's go."

—————

The couple went to Thorns house, and when they walked in, they saw Clay, Peril, Glory, Deathrbinger, Starflight, and Fatespeaker inside.

"Where's everybody else?" Sunny asked.

"They all went home." Thorn replied. "Tsunami and Riptide drove them all home. And Grandeur just..." she trailed off.

"Oh." Sunny replied. "Okay. What do we do now?" She asked.

"I'm... still figuring that part out." Thorn said.

Sunny walked up to her mom and hugged her. "We'll figure this out," she mumbled. "We have to."

"Thanks." Thorn whispered.

"Love you, mom." Sunny said.

Thorn smiled. "Love you, too."

A/N: Hi! I'm back. I've been really busy, and my parents have been given me limited time for typing. I've just had a lot going on. Thanks!