Chapter 2

A/n: I'm going to try to update every other day, sorry if I get behind.

(Aiden's pov)

  It's been a month since Carter and I had met, we walk to classes and sit together at lunch every day. I've noticed that he is very closed off and quiet, he rarely answers questions in class, and he doesn't talk to anyone, unless he is talked too. When it's just me and him, he seems slightly more comfortable, but still on edge, especially when girls flirt with me, or my 'old friends' try to talk to me.

  Esther had tried to talk with me on multiple occasions. "Aiden? Aiden. Aiden! Wait!" She called after me, I turned around to look at her.

  "What?" I said irritably.

  "We need to talk, please?"

  I looked over my shoulder at Carter, a questioning look on my face. "It's fine, I'll see you at lunch." He said before walking away. I don't know why but the disappointed look on his face made my chest feel tight. Do I lik-no I shook my head to rid myself of the thought.

  "Why do you want to talk to me? I thought you hated me."

  "I don't hate you, I still want to be your friend."

  "You aren't disgusted at me for being gay?"

  "No, especially because if I was it would be hypocritical of me."

  "Huh?"

  "I'm pansexual."

  "You are?"

   "Yes! I'll talk to later go have lunch with your boyfriend."

  "He's not my boyfriend." I could feel my face flushing bright red.

  "Uh huh" She walked off, smiling to herself.

*time skip broght to you by McDonald's I'm lovin it*

  Carter and I were eating lunch at our usual table. "Agian, I'm sorry about leaving you" I apologized.

  "It's fine, I didn't mind." He replied, looking down at his sandwich. "I get it, I know I'm not your only friend." He looked up and smiled weekly. "What did she want to talk about? If you don't mind me asking?" He said meekly.

"No, it's fine. I had a fight with a mutual friend off ours, I thought she also hated me because of it. She just wanted to tell me she didn't hate me, she actually was on my side."

"What was the fight about?"

"I'd rather not say, sorry."

"It's fine. Do...do you want to come over to my house after school, today?" Carter asked out of the blue. "I mean you don't have to if you don't want to-"

  "I would love to" I said, cutting him off. "I just have to ask Mum first." I said, pulling out my phone. "I just texted her." I told him, while putting my phone back in my pocket. "I can't believe we meet only a month ago." I exclaimed. "I feel like I've know you for years!"

  "Yeah, it really does." He replied, smiling slightly.

(Carter's pov)

Aiden seemed slightly of today, especially after talking with Esther. He was quieter, and didn't joke around like usual.

I had invited him over to my house today because, I'm going to come out to him. I had decided when I moved here that I wasn't going to lie about my sexuality, and that I would be completely honest about myself. If he's homophobic and doesn't want to be my friend, so be it. Because I wouldn't want to be friends with him if he felt that way.