Part VI

Lukas entered the elevator, and Matthias walked back to his desk. He had nearly forgotten his laptop, a fatal mistake to be sure. He decided to check Lukas' room to make sure that all of the lights were turned off, only to find that it was Lukas who had forgotten his laptop. "And I thought I was the forgetful one," Matthias chuckled. He took it with him and went on his way to return it to him. However, when he entered the parking lot, he saw that his car was covered in a thick sheet of snow that would not budge. His brakes were probably iced as well. Matthias shrugged, "I guess I'll walk there." He knew where Lukas lived, how could anyone miss it? It was a massive mansion just outside downtown Oslo. Everyone knew it as the Bondevik Mansion, and Matthias never dreamed that he would ever enter it. He trudged through the snow, precious cargo in his briefcase. He finally made the long trek to Lukas' house and rand the doorbell with shaky, frostbitten hands.

Lukas answered the door promptly wearing only... Sweatpants. Matthias couldn't help but stare. Lukas was far more muscular than he was, despite the fact that he was so thin. Both men blushed for a good five seconds before Lukas finally stammered, "C-come in."

He quickly put on a Norwegian soccer jersey and closed the door behind Matthias. "Why are you here?"

"Y-you forgot your laptop. I didn't want it to stay there overnight."

Lukas nodded and took it from Matthias' hands. "Thank you. I hadn't realized I had left it. Please sit down."

Matthias took a seat in a grand, dark blue velvet chair, almost the same color as Lukas' eyes. "Your house is beautif-" He was cut off by the sound of the phone ringing.

Lukas stood up and answered the phone in another room. "Hello?"

"It's Vash. Who's your date?"

"My date? I don't understand."

"Your date for my party. The one that you're coming all the way to Switzerland for."

It was Vash Zwingli, Lukas' oldest friend. They had known each other since they were young, and they both came from prominent families.

"My date? Hm. It's Matthias Køhler."

There was a dead silence. "Matthias. Køhler?! Isn't than the man that you hired as your secretary?!"

"Y-yes..."

"Lukas Bondevik. What are you?! Don't you realize what you're doing?! You are ruining the Bondevik name. This Matthias person is trash. He's your EMPLOYEE! Are you some kind of player or something? Are you honestly so cheap that you would go out with- with your SECRETARY?! Lukas Bondevik, you disgust me. Find a suitable date or else." Silence.

Lukas stood there, staring into space, experiencing a storm of emotions swirling inside of him. How could he turn on the person he... loved?