chapter three.

chapter three—❝ i'm a dumb teen boy ❞

chapter three

❝ i'm a dumb teen boy ❞

[ ∞ · ♡ ]

"Ugh, Nancy, really?"

"What?"

"That's disgusting," Holly sneered with a grimace.

The brunette older sibling had her mouth full of bacon, grease all over her lips, crumbs at the corners of her mouth as her eyes were wide and innocent. Holly scrunched her nose up in disgust as she stared at their older sister, who was usually very clean and well mannered when it came to eating. In her recent time back home, though, they found it quite odd how messy of an eater she had become. Along with how much more she was eating.

After swallowing the food in her mouth, Nancy mumbled, "It wasn't disgusting. I was just eating."

"Yeah," Holly said, a bit exasperated, "like a pig." She snorted loudly, oinking in between each exaggerated snort.

Nancy glared at the younger blonde that sat across from her at the table, lips curled in disdain. "How mature."

Holly giggled, "More mature than Mike."

Mike made a face as he rolled his eyes. "In your dreams, Holls."

"What does that even mean?" Holly asked curiously, frowning. "El says it all the time to you and I still don't understand what it means."

Nancy snorted softly, giving Mike a knowing smirk. "El says it all the time?"

Mike's cheeks heated up, shooting a glare towards Holly for a brief second. "Well, she says it sometimes."

"Wonder why," Nancy drawled out with a suggestive smile. "Wonder what you two spend all your time talking about that makes her say that."

Mike gave her a glare before keeping his gaze down at his plate. "Probably not the way you say it to Jonathan."

Nancy scoffed before she continued stuffing her mouth full of food. They continued eating up their breakfast with their usual bickering while Ted and Karen remained in the kitchen longer than usual. Mike caught onto how long they had been gone.

"Isn't it weird?" he spoke up lowly.

Nancy furrowed her brows. "What's weird?"

"Mom and Dad," he answered simply, his eyes drifting towards the entryway of where he could catch just a slight glimpse of the two standing, talking.