chapter nineteen.

chapter nineteen-❝ i've been falling with my eyes closed ❞

chapter nineteen
-
i've been falling with my eyes closed ❞

[ ∞ · ♡ ]

El was pleasantly surprised when for the first time all week, after hearing a knock against her door, she found that it wasn't any member of the new little family.

No, instead, not even a second after the abrupt knocking against her door, it was swiftly swung open and revealed a vibrant girl right before and a wide grin set upon her lips.

Max had freely allowed herself into the room before plopping herself atop the mattress, causing the brunette to bounce lightly from she had been laying reading a book. She giggled softly as she began to immediately ramble on about the movie they had just seen, being sure to fill her in on all the highlights of the past week. Which, she admitted, wasn't really much since she were locked up inside her home and Mike had been far too busy with his family.

Max groaned when she finished her brief summary of the film, "Everything has been so boring, I swear."

El smiled lightly as she situated herself more comfortably beside her friend. "Well, it can't be that boring, can it? I mean, look at me. My dad has been keeping me inside so that I won't be running away again, but going with the idea again sounds so tempting."

"I don't blame you," Max snorted softly, curling herself into the mattress. "You're basically on house arrest. Which makes sense since your dad is a cop."

El groaned loudly, slumping her back against the headboard as she pouted. "This is so annoying. I haven't seen Mike in, like, a week."

"Annoying?" Max retorted, nose scrunched up. "How does your brain even work that way? It's more annoying when his dumbass is actually around. You're living the dream, El."

El realized then that there was a tiny piece of information that she hadn't yet informed her of. Something that had been bothering her and that she needed to confess to her. Besides, maybe she could help her feel better about it all.

"Max," she began carefully, a frown pinching her features, "I told him something."

Max looked up at the sudden change in the tone of her voice, propping herself up with her elbows as she saw the look on her face. "Oh my God. Was it something embarrassing?"

"I mean, kind of," she admitted.

Max lifted a brow, making light of the situation as she asked, "Did you tell him that you're secretly into some kinky shit? Geez, you know, as your best friend, you're supposed to tell me first."