chapter four.

chapter four—❝ we don't have to goanywhere at all ❞

chapter four

❝ we don't have to go
anywhere at all ❞

[ ∞ · ♡ ]

Max tossed a golden crisp tater tot at El, the small piece of food bouncing off her shoulder, causing the brunette to scrunch her nose as she directed her gaze towards her. The ginger haired girl smiled innocently, a tight lipped smile as she continued to chew whatever bits of food were in her mouth.

She swallowed, took a sip of the fountain drink she shared with Lucas, then slumped back in her seat with her arms crossed.

El's brows pinched together at the way her friend was staring at her. "What?"

Max shrugged casually, "Nothing. Just wanted to tell you that your staring is pretty obvious."

Her cheeks instantly flushed, already knowing what she was talking about. "Oh."

Max grinned, shaking her head. "Can't believe Mike hasn't figured it out yet."

El shrunk a bit in her seat, eyes downcast. “Am I really that obvious?”

The redhead merely shrugged, perking up for a second to peer over her own shoulder towards where the group of boys stood huddled around the pinball machine that Benny had recently bought not so long ago. It was their new favorite part of coming here, and they would often leave the two girls alone in their usual booth table where they would take it as extra girl time. As of now, though, they were being rather loud and obnoxious with all that noise they were making, Lucas in particular as he was the one handling the machine. Max rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, turning back around to face El, who was too busy watching Mike to notice.

So, Max threw another tater tot at the girl. The small piece of food hit here forehead this time instead of her shoulder, and the redhead pumped her arms up in victory her brunette friend merely scowled in distaste, rubbing the small amount of grease off her with a napkin.

“Seriously, El,” Max began with a pointed stare, “you’re so obvious. Your heart eyes for him are like this big!”

She expanded her arms out wide, laughing loudly as El only shook her head in disagreement.

“If I was so obvious,” she started with her own pointed look, eyes darting quickly to Mike for a fraction of a second, “then why hasn’t he noticed?”

Max snorted, “Because the poor guy is too oblivious and in denial to see that you’re in love with him.”

El’s eyes were as big as the moon, frantically darting around them as she hissed, "Keep your voice down!"