Chapter 5

I was staring up at my dull white ceiling thinking about tonight. It was my first game I was debating whether I should put my hair up in my helmet so no one new I was a girl or just leave it down. I knew my team wouldnt care how I looked they'd probable like it best if I whore short shorts and a v-neck, yeah not my kinda style. I go with my uniform. Grey knee lenght pants and my jersy saying Roberts on the back.

I get into the car and head to the feild. Its a hot day and the sun is shining. After we pick up Matt, we pull into the parking lot I'm glad that Brian is not at this game. He is such a jerk.

I look into the bleachers and see Mom and Matt taking a seat near Clara and Maya. I smile up at them and they wave excitedly. They are in their typical baskteball short and T-shirts they are sharing a bag of popcorn and peanuts. I just love them.

We have one of those coach pep talks ya know the "ok guys this team is really good and I have lots of faith in you c'mon we can do this." Deep breathes Julia you'll be fine, I say to my self

Alex is up first this is gonna be good I thought. I thought right the first throw was a ball. Yes. The next one Alex practically put the ball in another galaxy. "c'mon,run Alex, you got it, nice, c'mon, c'mon, keep going" the whole team was up on their feet almost tearing the little shack we were in up.

I don't think I need to say this but it was a home run. Alex is such a good sport. I'm up next this is when the butterfly's come, why now when every ones eyes are on me.

The pitcher let out a whistle" they've got a girl on their team. well lets see how this goes shall we??" The other team all nodded and snickered in agreement.

The first ball was a curveball which fortunately was a ball, because I would not have hit that and the last thing I need is a strike when I am trying to prove my self. But the next throw was an easy almost seeming underhand throw. I hit the ball and ran. Now nothing mattered. It was just me and the wind. Racing past first and on to second. The ball was not even close. I ran as fast as I could go, now to third I knew I would make it. Sliding into home plate the ump called it safe. It felt good to show those boys wrong, And score a point for my team.