Chapter 6

During math Alex and me were having a silent conversation he said something along the lines of good game last night. I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.
The clock was going a mile a hour until finally the bell rang math is my last period so I headed to my locker.

After packing my bag I went to the locker rooms and changed in to my dark red shirt and baggy athletic shorts. And headed out to the field most of the boys were already their. I ran out to coach and asked him " what plays are we doing to day coach?" " we're going todo one bad*** grand slam, then jump into a he((@ good second base play." I was surprised by coaches language choices but after all he is a pretty bad*** baseball coach. " oh and did I ever mention that you are going to start us off with the bad*** grand slam?"

I was up to home plate and was being relied on to make a home run. This was a lot of pressure for me. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex smiling with his big toothy smile. He shot me a wink and then looked away and started talking to Brian why was he doing that I thought that Brian was Alexis worse night mare. I guess not.

I focused on the ball. It was a round object coming at me eighty or ninety miles an hour. I had to hit this so far that I could run all four bases, with a three inch stick. It appeared to be coming at my face but that's how it always looks and it would eventually be in hitting range.
It was to late I felt a stinging pain on my wrist and then in my head. I was scared and I didn't know what was happening. I remember people rushing to me and coach yelling then a phone being pulled out. The next thing I saw was a warm faced lady it felt like I was moving in a car. And ambulance. Then I saw Alex mom and the twins all with quite worried looks on their faces. My head throbbed and I now longer could feel my right wrist. What was happening to me.