Chapter 7

The grubby hospital bed was as comfortable as sleeping on a log full of termites. Mom was on my right gently holding my hand and the twins were softly brushing my hair using there fingers like little combs. While Alex was sitting in the corner with a worried and puzzled expression glued to his face.
"Mom?" I started
"Honey don't talk" she whispered quietly.
"What happened?" I asked
" I'll tell you that you have a concussion and a shattered wrist" my mom said with a slight smile meaning I'm so sorry for you.
"Julia how are you feeling?" Clara asked.
" We were going to get you some Starbucks, up for that??" Maya asked. I needed to look over at them to see which one was saying what.
" Sure, hey guys could you get me a cheese burger too I'm really in the mood." I called as they walked out the door.

"Julia, I'm going to go call Matt ok?" Mom said looking me in the eye.
"Sure." I answered back to her.
As she was leaving the room I saw Alex start taking a breath like he wanted to say something. I decided to wait for him to start.
"Hey...um, so Brian is actually having a party right now and both you and me got invited."
"So why aren't you there? You don't need to be here with me, you look board to death too." I cried.
" Well because Brian was a jerk to you and in order for him and me to be friend is he has to be kind to my other friends to. You see he has kind of a slight jealousy problem." Alex said trying not to smile.
"Auhh you would do something like that for me. I kind of want to punch you in the ribs right now but considering I have a disabled arm, and my brain has a huge bruise in it I dont think that would be my healthiest choice" I giggle