Chapter 8: Is There Something Else?

It was dark all around, any form of happiness was drained away from wherever he was. A loud explosion. He turned around to see the Great Hall, destroyed, students cowering in the corners. It disappeared. Suddenly he was outside, Voldemort stood in front of him. Then there was a flash.

Harry woke up in a sweat, he was shivering and his vision was blurred. Grabbing for his glasses, he got up and left his room, he walked into his common room where only the fire gave off light. He sat on the sofa in a ball, watching as the licks of flames roared up, the wood burning slowly. Wood. That was the second thing he had smelt from the potion in class. It had been on his mind all day, he had been feeling rather close to Draco these last days and he had no clue why. He wanted to talk to someone, but figured it would lead to more questions, instead he bottled it up and left it for another time.
Harry heard a door click open, making him jump 20 story's high, and saw his roommate poking his face out the creak of the door. He stepped out and walked over to the sofa. There was a thick silence, not awkward, while they both watched the flames of the never ending fire.
Harry turned to look at Draco and realised he was wearing a pair of boxers and a small vest top, his hair was messy and smelt like the apple shampoo Harry had found earlier. Under the thin white vest, scars covered the boys body all over. Harry desperately wanted to trace each one with his hands, place gentle kisses over the huge ones on his back and stare at the beauty that was Draco Malfoy...
"Harry-" Draco began but was cut off by Harry's warm hand wrapping itself around Draco's cold pale one, their fingers intertwined for a moment, they stayed holding hands for a good 4 minutes until Harry's head gently laid down on Draco's shoulder and he fell asleep.

Dean had woken up early to catch Hermione before she ran off to the Great Hall for breakfast, and he was now regretting making that choice as he only got 3 hours of sleep.
Like usual, Hermione skipped down the girls dormitory stairs, fully dressed and her frizzy hair tied into a small messy bun. As she walked into the common room she noticed a tired Dean waiting in the red armchair, "Hey Dean, don't you usually sleep in on Saturdays?"
"Yeah but I needed to talk to you in private," Dean said getting up and walking over to her, "it's about Harry."
"Is he ok?" She asked quickly, the panic clear in her brown eyes.
"He's fine I think, I was just wondering if he had talked to you about a crush he may have..."
She froze, and the cogs in her mind started to move to put together an excuse, "no, we don't talk about that stuff."
"Aren't you like best friends?"
"Yeah but he hasn't said anything, if you want to know so badly why not ask him yourself?" She replied, and left the common room before Dean could speak another word.

Entering the Great Hall first thing on a Saturday was always gloomy, everyone was half asleep or still in bed, all teachers seemed tired from the week before. Hermione preferred the Hall like this, quiet and no one to bother her reading.
She found an empty space at the Griffindor table and threw her book down. She grabbed a plate of toast and began to eat whilst flicking the page and reading all the information from her book.
Harry usually joined Hermione in the mornings, he also used to have quidditch practice on a Saturday morning, but as the new school year began he had been loosing sleep and was no longer on the team.
People came and went from the Hall, Hermione kept an eye out for Harry at the door but during the 3 hours she was there he hadn't walked through the big wooden doors. She decided he was late, until a tall and pale man threw himself down in front of her.
"How can I help you Malfoy?" She said in a sarcastic tone while closing her book.
"Harry, he's kind of... um, run down."
"What's that supposed to mean?" She said worryingly.
"Last night he couldn't sleep at all, I did what I could but that wasn't much. This morning he was acting strange and like he was drained of all life."
She sighed, "Where is he now?"
"The hospital wing," he answered. Hermione bolted up and grabbed her book on the way, she took a few steps and looked back to see Draco staring at her confused, "Well come on, don't you want to see if he's ok?"

Over on the Slytherin table, Pansy and Blaise sat eating all the food they could, students were having conversations on all kinds of things; school work, Hogsmeade, appearance, the usual.
"Wheres Draco?" Pansy asked like a young toddler looking for her mother.
"No idea," Blaise replied, and turned the page on his homework, dipping his quill in its inkwell.
She looked up to see the blond speed-walking down the Griffindor table to none other than Hermione Granger.
"What's he doing with that- that Muggleborn?" Pansy spat as if her name was venomous.
"I don't know Pansy, remember you don't own him," Blaise mentioned, making Pansy go a light shade of red.
"He would be if I wanted him to." She folded her arms and pouted.
Blaise chuckled, stood up and started walking away when Pansy heard him say, "so why isn't he then?"

They frantically walked into the hospital wing but were stopped by Madame Pomfrey, "where are you two going?"
"To see Harry," Draco replied sharply and gave her a stern look to scare her off their case.
"Very well," she ushered them in to Harry's bedside.
Hermione sat in the chair by Harry's head, she grabbed his hand and held it tight. He was asleep, for the first time he looked slightly peaceful. Hermione felt bad for waking him up, but she gently tapped her fingers on Harry's hand.
"H-Hermione?" He said sleepily.
"Hi," she replied smiling at him, rubbing her finger over his hand.
Draco became increasingly quiet, he started fiddling with the curtain pushed back and biting his bottom lip.
"So you are ok? Draco told me last night you couldn't sleep?" Hermione asked. Harry's heart rate increased as Hermione said 'last night'. They looked at each other, the events of the night playing out in front of them. Had Draco told her about their moment? He wondered over and over again until he realised he still hadn't answered her question.
"Oh yeah I'm fine I just need sleep and rest."
"Well, we'll leave you then," she smiled again and stood up gesturing Draco to leave with her.
"Bye," Harry's small voice said, and they left him to sleep.
While walking away from the hospital wing, Hermione started to think about what Malfoy had said earlier, "So what did you do with him last night?"
"W-What?" He stuttered and went as red as Ron's hair.
"I know about you and Harry." She tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear, and looked to see Draco's expression.
"K-know what exactly?"
"How you two made an agreement on being nice," she said as if that was the only answer.
Draco sighed in relief, "Right."
A tense silence fell on the corridor, they both kept their heads down as they walked through the hallway that suddenly felt longer than before.
"Is there something else?" Hermione quickly mentioned but it sounded more like she knew than a question.
Draco stopped, his palms becoming sweaty, "Do you know something I don't Granger?"
"No..." she glanced away. Suddenly a strong waft of apple passed under her nose, "hey what's that apple smell?"
"My shampoo? Is there a problem with it? Harry mentioned it this morning as well." And he walked away unaware of the growing crush Harry had on him.