Sam - Three

Imagine: you and Sam are soulmates, but neither of you make a move. God is tired of waiting and freezes time for everyone except you two.

Sam Winchester's POV...
(Y/N) is so proud of her hair but it isn't the best thing about her. It falls in (H/C) ringlets about her face, so striking that it is the only thing anyone ever commented on. But I barely notice it. I can drink in her words like a strong whiskey and enjoy feeling tipsy. I watch her like she has the stars in her hands and soft petals at her feet. I want to wrap her in my arms and never let go. But first things first, I have to ask her out on a date and my nerves are so bad I shake at just the thought.

"Dude, you need to tell her." Dean comments as he takes a bite of his burger. "She's hot. Some other guy is going to snap her up."
A fry dangles limply in my hand as I stare at my brother.
"No other guy could handle her." I mutter, shoving the fry in my mouth.
"Exactly." Dean smirks, glancing around the kitchen to check that (Y/N) isn't around. "She may seem like lollipops and rainbows, but I bet behind closed doors she's latex and whips."

(Y/N) (Y/L/N)'s POV...
"Crush" is such an infantile word, one that must have been invented by older folks, the ones with an interest in belittling young love. You hate it. You don't have a crush on Sam Winchester, you love him with the passion hotter than a thousand suns. He is the one. You know it. He is all that is in your mind; he is your true north, your everything. One day you will both prove everyone wrong, run away together, start a family of your own. Tomorrow you'll find a way to talk to him, tell him how you feel, then you can finally stop hiding your emotions...

Charlie rolls her eyes as you noisily slurp at the last few drops of your milkshake.
"You are so un-ladylike." The redhead grumbles.
"That's why we get on so well." You grin.
Charlie returns the smile as she shoves a handful of fries in her mouth.
"So, have you decided to tell him yet?"
You shake your head. "I don't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship."
Charlie slams her fist on the table, her face fills with annoyance.
"(Y/N/N), come on it is so obvious that the two of you are madly in love. You guys are made for each other. Dean and I are sick of it. I bet that even God is waiting for the coupling of Sam Winchester and (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."
You scoff. "Yeh, well, god is going to be waiting a long time. Sam Winchester likes me as a friend, nothing more."

You look up at Charlie who is frozen in place. Her red hair is tied back in a ponytail that usually swishes as she laughs, but at this moment she is frozen.
"Charlie?" You ask worriedly as you stand up and shake her shoulders.
She doesn't move. Not even an eye roll. This is when you start panicking. You rush out of the library and towards the kitchen where you know Sam and Dean are. Just as you are turning the corner into the kitchen, you bump into a hard chest and almost fall over. Sam manages to grab hold of you before you fall, and your face is suddenly very close to his toned chest.
"(Y/N)?" He questions, almost breathless. "What's going on?"
"Charlie isn't moving!" You exclaim. "Where's Dean?"
"He isn't moving either."

You and Sam stand in the middle of the street, during the middle of the day this street is usually packed with people. Instead, everything is frozen. Cars litter the streets and people are set on the sidewalk.
"What the hell is happening?" Sam questions as the two of you stand in the middle of the street.
"I have no clue, dude!" You exclaim, panic filling your body.
"Do you think Cas has any idea?"
You shrug but pray to the angel anyway.
"Hey, Cas, get your feathery ass down here and explain what is going on!"
The two of you look around, but Cas doesn't turn up.
"So, let's say that this 'time freeze' includes heaven and hell."
Sam gulps. "Heaven, Hell, and Earth is frozen except for the two of us. I think we both know what we need to do."
"Rob a bank?" You whisper.
Sam stares at you in confusion. "Really, (Y/N)? Rob a bank? No, I meant we need to do some research. See if anything like this has happened before."
"And then we can rob a bank!"

You bang the one-hundredth dusty old book on the library table with a loud sigh. Sam is sipping a beer whilst he reads through some book on lore. You flip through the book, looking for anything on time or freezing time.
"So, get this." Sam suddenly says. "Apparently three hundred years ago time stopped for everyone except for two people."
"Which is what we can guess happened here." You butt in.
He reads on, only to choke on his beer as his eyes go wide.
"What?" You sit up, kicking your feet off the table.
"Well, um, it says here that, um." He starts sweating. "Well, it says that the two people who weren't frozen weresoulmatesandgodwasfedupwiththem."
You pause. "What the hell did you say?"
He takes a deep breath and then downs his whole beer before standing up and pacing the library.
"The two people who weren't frozen were soulmates and god was fed up of them not making a move on each other."
The two of you stare at each other. What the hell? Soulmates? Is Sam your soulmate? You blush a deep crimson as you avert your gaze to the floor.
"We can't be soulmates." Sam suddenly exclaims after an hour of silence.
You frown. "Why the hell not?"
"Because the world would explode and, in this life, we can't have relationships."
Tears fill your eyes, but you don't let them fall. You knew that Sam would never love you, so why are you getting so upset?
"Ok." You whisper, standing up from your chair and walking to exit the room.
"(Y/N), wait!" Sam shouts from behind you.
The tears are flowing faster from your eyes now and you slowly turn around to face the man you have loved for years. He rushes over to you and grips your arms softly.
"I-I love you."
You look up at his hazel eyes, tears filling your already swollen eyes.
"But why? Why would you love me?"
He tightens his grip, pulling you more snugly into his embrace.
"Because you bug me, weirdo. Duh." He smirks as his lips meet yours.
A kiss is one of the most sensual happenings, aside from sex and, of course, you love it. His lips are warm and taste of the beer he was drinking earlier. His hands are wrapped around your waist and your hands are locked around his neck pulling him down slightly. When we break apart for air, you rest your forehead against his and gather some much-needed oxygen. His smirk tells you everything and you smile back, sinking into his hold.

A wolf whistle breaks through your trance and you and Sam turn to the two people who have just walked into the room.
"Don't stop on account of us." Charlie grins.
"Yeh, it's about time you two got together. The sexual tension has been crazy." Dean pauses. "Why did I wake up with my underwear on my head?" He questions.
Everyone turns to you as you grin cheekily.
"Hey, are we not going to talk about the fact that God literally stopped time so that we would get together?"
Sam pulls you tighter into his arms and smiles.
"Let's get pie."