¤Chapter 10¤

"Sad hurts but it's a healthy feeling. It is a neccessary thing to feel.
Depression is very different."

- J.K Rowling

Harry sat in his dining room chair, his sweaty palms pressed against his face.

Ginny's birthday was tommrow, and he had nothing to give her.

Harry had to give Ginny something. Despite the fact that he had a huge crush on her.

He looked at the tiny sack that was filled with gallons on the counter before him.

After minutes of contemplating what to get her in his head, he finally grabbed a quill and di the most easiest thing. Owled Hermione.

Dear Hermione,

Please come to my house I need your help. Just you. No one elese.

Thanks,
Harry

He quickly put the letter into in envelope and walked over to his pet owl, Hedwig.

"Here" is said to the aging owl.

Hedwig gladly took the letter and flew off, letting her feathers freely in the wind.

Harry watched her fly off through his window and sighed.

His life was really boring. The only thing that gave him something to do was work. And Harry did not want to work overtime in in sad Auror office.

He walked into his kitchen and looked at the cover of the daily prophet. Nothing looked interesting on the front page.

He turned to the sports pages to see the latest quidditch scores, when he saw one acticale that caught his eye.

Harry read it once, than over again. He had the best idea in the world of what to get Ginny.

He ran over to his fireplace and frantically yelled "THE LEAKY CAULDRON".

He vastly walked through the bright green flames.

The strong sent of Butterbeer floated into his nose, making him want one.

But he most not get distracted, he had one thing to do and he needed to get it done now.

"Potter, Can I get you anything?" Said Tom the bar tender.

"No, just passing through" said Harry politely.

Harry walked over to the brick wall and pressed one of the bricks inward.

The wall opened up reveling diagon Alley.

It was a busy Sunday afternoon. Some Mothers were with children, buying early Hogwarts supply. Some were shopping for new clothes, or gifts for friends. Some were spending their riches on un important stuff that would do them no good in a thousand years. And then there was Harry.

There was Harry walking to the very edge of the Alley vastly, looking for one shop.

And there it was, the shop with exactly what he needed for Ginny.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Harry walked through his front door, a large parcel in his hands.

He walked in and placed the rapped package on the counter.

He was about to take of his shoes when he herd footsteps from upstaires.

Harry grabbed his wand out of his left pocket and creeped up the staires slowly, to find nothing.

He walked down the hall more to his main bedroom and cracked the door open silently.

He put one foot in slowly making the floor creek.

Then the door opened in front if him, standing before him was Hermione Granger.

"Harry!" Excailmed Hermione hapily, "there you are"

Harry looked confused at her for a moment, than remembered he had invited her over earlier.

"Oh" said Harry realizing his sudden mistake, "I forgot"

"Forgot what?" Said Hermione scrunching up her eyebrows in mere confusion.

"I don't need you anymore" said Harry.

Hermione's expression went from confusion to a mix of sadness and anger.

"Sorry" added Harry quickly, trying not offend his friend.

"Its okay" shrugged Hermione, "But what did you need?"

"Oh, I needed help buying a gift for Ginny." Flusterd Harry. His cheeks had turned a light pink color.

"Oh, what did you get her" said Hermione urgently.

"Why should I tell you?" Snickerd Harry turning away from her and into the hall.

Hermione shook her head and walked with Harry.

"You probably have other things to do" said Harry as he escorted her down the staires politely.

"Yeah" said Hermione giving Harry a brotherly hug.

Hermione walked over to the fireplace and threw in some neon green powder.

Harry smiled as he watched her leave. He than turned his attention to the gift in the kitchen.

He grabbed the morning sports paper and cut out one of the sections of news.

He grabbed a spare piece of paper and wrote.

I want you to follow you dreams, so here's a bit of help so that you can accomplish that.

Happy Birthday Gin!
With best wishes,
Harry

Harry filed the note in half and grabbed an envelope.

He carefully put the note onto the big rapped package.

He walked into his bedroom and flipped down on the bed.

Hopefully tommrow will be a good day he thought.

No, tommrow will be a good day he thought again smiling to himself.

And Harry didn't know it at the time But tommrow would be a good day, maybe even one of the bests.