/2/ Y҉O҉U҉R҉E҉ H҉E҉R҉E҉ B҉U҉T҉ N҉O҉T҉ F҉O҉R҉ M҉E҉

σ¢тσвєя 31, 2005

      You and Lyra hid behind one of the aisles in the convenience store across from your home.

The dim, not to mention half broken, florescent lights casted shadows along all of the shelves; making it almost impossible for anyone to see you two with your dark clothes on.

You both filled your pockets with candy, of course, the good type.

It was Halloween and instead of working both of your asses off and pretending to be nice to potential killers, probably poisoning the candy anyways,
you both have decided to steal some.

You absolutely loved the idea while Lyra was... a bit hesitant.

"_______, make sure you get some of these ones." Lyra whispered grabbing a handful of starbursts from one of the baskets across from her and stuffing them into the pockets of her sweater.

"Starbursts? I... don't really think I've ever tried them before."
You grabbed some of the Starbursts and shoved them into your pocket.

"Let's go, we might get caught."
Lyra grabbed your glove covered hand and quickly dragged you out from behind the aisle.

The cashier, an old fat man who always carried around a cigarette had his back turned on you guys.
Probably rearranging things, or in your crude yet wild imagination, jerking off.
Not to mention the security cameras were temporarily broken.

"Dude, look at him. He's probably single and going around telling kids that he's good in bed when really his penis is smaller than his actual weigh- ouch!" Lyra elbowed you in the side, preventing you from going on with your awfully loud opinion.

"Stop it! He's distracted, we can go now."

You scrunched up your face,
"Fine."

Both hearts pounding, you and Lyra sprinted out of the store and into the  dark and cold streets.

In Lyra's mind, she was fairly impressed you guys actually pulled that off... yet she still felt a twinge if regret.

"Yo, Lyra, how's my makeup?"

Lyra turned to face you, inspecting your face.
The makeup that was supposed to make you a skeleton seemed to be smudged but still somewhat okay.

"It's still good. Now let's get to your house so we can eat all of this!"

"Wait, I don't think we've ever been to yours before though... can we go?"
You cocked your head to the side curiously.

Lyra bit her bottom lip nervously, her insides felt like they were upside down.

She didn't want you to know the absolutely dreadful life she lived.

She didn't want her father to hurt you in any way.

And she certainly didn't want her little, but troubled brother to feel threatened by a new person... since he already did feel threatened in his own home.

She inhaled a shaky breath,
"Maybe another time."
————————————————————
ρяєѕєит тιмє

A grey haired, middle aged cashier stared at you in utter confusion.

Yeah, she probably did this nine to five with kids to take care of and a slacker husband that was obviously cheating...
and even though she was tired as hell... she couldn't tell if what she's seeing is a hallucination.

Did she finally go crazy?

Did her mind finally kick the bucket?

Who in the fuckity fuck in the fuck, fuck, fuck really knows?!