Chapter 10

The next day arrived and I found myself staring at my reflection through the mirror in my room. Pink is such a weird color on me.

Shrugging, I exit my room. I had my head down, but didn't realize the presence in front of me. When I look up, I felt my soul leave my body from fright.

"Holy shit, Mark! You scared me!"

He bursts out laughing. "I've never heard you swear before. It's cute."

Before I can register him calling me cute, he's tugging me downstairs. I guess I have no choice. Not that I mind, I mean I was going to get there eventually.

"I wanted to check up on you last night, but you were out cold. Yesterday must've been exhausting for you."

I nod in response and follow him into the open kitchen/lounge area where a majority of the group was. I noticed some new faces, but I recognized the familiar ones of yesterday's introduction. Seriously, it was an endless amount of people in this household.

When we arrived, everyone glanced over at us, some giving a quick greeting, but continued on with whatever they were doing. Jisung had appeared beside us instantly with a grin painted on his face.

"You remembered!"

"They're in their Mean Girls phase again." Johnny announces. I could practically hear his eyes rolling. "They even dragged the poor kid along, as well. Haechan, on behalf of everyone here, I sincerely apologize."

"Yah! What do you mean?! Mean Girls is an iconic film. Why do you have to throw shade? I don't talk shit when you go through your Usher phase!"

"Oh, please. Usher is a god. You don't know what you're talking about."

As amusing as the argument was, Mark and I decide to get some breakfast instead. They probably would go on for a while.

"Enough with the arguments. I need everyone here. This is important." Taeyong suddenly appears and has everyone gathered. We all mirror a look of concern. I've never seen him look so serious, except for the first time I met him.

"We're good to go. We have the warehouse down lock. Mark, I need you to help Taeil with weaponry and the defense mechanisms. Yuta, WinWin, Xiaojun, Johnny, and Doyoung, you guys need to make sure you memorize the map of the place so we can break in successfully. Dreamies, you guys got security cameras done?" The younger group simultaneously nod in confirmation. Taeyong continues rattling off lists and everything that needed to be accomplished with this task.

My mind grew confused as to what was happening so I return to making my breakfast. I felt so lost trying to listen in on what was going on, but it was all too complicated.

"Hey, Channie?"

"Channie? Thats new." I giggle at Mark.

"What do you not like it?"

I quickly shake my head and smile at him, "No, it's cute, I like it."

"Good," he smirks, "We have to go on a mission, it's kind of important. You're going to have to stay here, I'm sorry. There's movies in my room, if you want something to do, though!"

I accept this, I kind of figured I would need to stay behind. Besides, this just means I can have more time to myself and to adjust to this new place.

They all end up leaving a little later on and the house became so silent. I almost missed the chaos, it felt so weird. I tried watching a movie, but grew bored of it, so I ended up exploring the house.

There were so many corridors and halls that led to random rooms. I tried to avoid the offices, but I found another gaming room, this one with video gaming systems. I also found a room filled with a bunch of bean bags. Literally, the floor could not be seen, there were so many. The room was pretty big as well.

I ended up back in the kitchen for a small snack. The adventuring got tiring after awhile.

"Snack time?"

It felt as if my heart leapt out of my chest for a moment from the unexpected voice. Kun burst out laughing from my startled appearance.

"Sorry, I thought you saw me. I figured you might want some company for a bit."

I hum in response. I hadn't really gotten a chance to talk to him really, except for when I first got here. He seemed nice. I liked his caring aura that he held.

"So," he begins. "You have powers." His words came out more as a statement than a question. I didn't really know how to respond. He knew?

"H-how did you know?"

"Taeyong told me. I also heard you accidentally let them slip," he chuckles. "Mind showing me?"

I hesitate. I feel like I can trust him. I mean this group of people have shown me nothing, but acceptance here. They give me protection and a feeling of security here. So, I show him what I can do.

"Impressive. I wasn't expecting all of that. How exactly did you acquire these powers?"