Chapter 25

"God dammit! What were you guys thinking? You could have gotten in trouble and then what? I would have left you in jail. Haechan isn't supposed to be seen by anyone, he's kind of a huge target right now."

The group of us were all standing in Taeyong's office, minus Yuta, who had ran off to somewhere in the house. I guess this wasn't a normal shopping trip, or at least wasn't supposed to happen.

"Did you even get anything for the remodeling?" Taeyong asks, sighing in disappointment.

"Well, no-" Johnny begins.

"Chenle, Haechan, and I were able to get some stuff." Yangyang announces. I could feel my face getting bright red. I don't think it would be a good idea right now to tell Taeyong we stole a bunch of items.

"Yangyang, please don't tell me you stole again." He wasn't even looking at us, that's how disappointed he was. Instead, he had his head back looking at the ceiling. It seemed as if he was trying really hard not to strangle us.

"Well, I mean, it was during Yuta's explosive moment so it wasn't like we would be able to buy anything after that. Besides, we got useful items that will help us out," Chenle tries to appeal to Taeyong.

The younger starts pulling out various items onto the floor to display everything. It ranged from small things like different lightbulbs and batteries, to big things like throw blankets and a random live laugh love wooden accent board.

Taeyong takes a deep breathe before commenting. "Okay, whatever, but stealing is fucking illegal and I'm not bailing you out again for something as stupid as that. Take your shit and put it in one of the storage rooms. We can deal with it later. For now, I need some of you for a meeting."

With that, he leaves.

"Wow, that was fun. I love when he yells at us. It's exhilarating."

"Johnny, shut up. Part of this is your fault. I know you provoked Yuta." Yangyang rolls his eyes at the older. "Whatever, I need some chocolate milk."

I follow Yangyang, "Can you pour me some, too, please?"

Yangyang looks over at me and starts to coo. "Marrrrk, your boyfriend is so adorable."

A familiar laugh sounds behind me and I find Mark's arms wrap around me in a back hug. "Yeah, he really likes chocolate milk." He then follows his response with a quick kiss on my cheek.

Cue the blushing.

"Seriously though, Haechan, I'm impressed that you got so much stuff today. Like, damn, can that bag hold an entire room?" I giggle at Yangyang's comment.

"Yangyang, don't teach him about stealing. He's the only good one here."

I tilt my head to look at him while he was still hugging me, "What do you mean? You're good, too."

Mark just smiles at me while Yangyang laughs at my words.

"You should see him when he's on a mission. He's an entirely different person. Kinda scary, actually."

I just hum in response, the thought of Mark being scary got to me. It also made me think, has he ever killed someone? If so, how many? I mean, they are all in a gang so wouldn't they have had to kill someone? Isn't that initiative?

"Hey, don't listen to him. I'm not scary, okay?" Mark whispers in my ear. It calms me down just a little.