Chapter 22

After the much needed nap, I felt a lot calmer and had a better mindset. I was still upset and hurt by Jaebum's actions, though. It was confusing to me why he would act that way. I thought I knew him. I guess people really can change for the worse right before your eyes.

Another knock at the door sounded through the room. "Haechan? It's Taeyong, can I come in?"

I mumble out a response and find him walking in right after. Seeing him after what happened made something inside me click. I immediately run up to him and encircled my arms around his body in a huge hug.

"Thank you for protecting me. Thank you. I feel really terrible for bringing this on to you guys. This is all because I'm here. They're looking for me and I'm just putting a big target on your back. Why do you still let me live here? You guys are in danger because of me. They're dangerous people and-"

Taeyong cuts off my rambling by pulling just slightly away from me so he could look me in the eyes and still have his arms wrapped around me.

"Listen, Haechan. I'm going to tell you this again until it sets in your head. You are family here. You will be protected because you are one of us. We all work together, we all keep each other safe, and we all have one another's backs. I want you here and I don't care that some dumb gang is after you. I dedicate my life to stopping those kind of gangs. They're the reason I created this. I hate seeing them destroy innocent lives."

He pauses to collect his thoughts, while walking me to my bed to sit down.

"I know you're willing to help us out, and you've already done so much for us, so I want to help you out. Everyone loves you here and we all want to keep you safe. Now, please, don't think you're a burden on us. We're strong, we can take the attacks. Okay?" I nod. "Okay, now please go find Mark. He's really upset that he couldn't comfort you. He's currently moping in the movie theater."

The thought of Mark moping makes me giggle and I smile at Taeyong. "Thank you. I really appreciate everything you do for me." Taeyong smiles back and reaches over to ruffle my hair up.

As soon as Taeyong leaves, I immediately dart off to the cinema room. I hate knowing that he's upset.

I sneak into the dark room lit only by the big screen in the front. A movie that I didn't recognize was currently playing and it looked as if no one was in here until I finally spot a familiar head of hair towards the front.

A smile grows on my face as I reach the boy and I decide on sneaking up behind him. My foot steps were squeaking slightly from the sticky floor and I hoped that it was blending into the sound of the movie. They really need to clean this place.

Once I reach his seated figure, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and Mark immediately jumps from the fright and the unexpected hug.

"Haechan, you really have to stop scaring me like that." I laugh as I climb over the seats to join him in the seat besides his. He immediately wrapped me back in a hug.

"How are you? I was so worried. I wish I could have gone to get water with you. I was going to, but I figured you shouldn't have me there with you all the time."

I sigh, thinking about yesterday, but I don't let it get to me too much. "No one could have known he was going to do that. I'm just grateful Taeyong came in time. I'm fine though."

We decided to watch the rest of the movie together. We were also cuddled up together which didn't help to quell my rapid heart.

"Mark?" I whisper, as it had been a quiet moment in the movie.

He turns to look at me questioningly. The nerves began to grow and my palms began to sweat. I was thankful in that moment that he wasn't holding my hands, even though I would love to be able to hold his hands. That's not the point right now, though. I need to get this out.

"I-" I pause, slowly losing the courage to confess.

"Hey, it's okay, I won't judge. Whatever you need to say, I'm all ears." Mark smiles softly at me. His smile makes me weak.

Okay, just do it. Isn't there that one meme that Chenle and Jisung use? Don't let your memes be dreams? No that's not right. Okay no, focus Haechan.

"I love you." I finally blurt it out. The realization hits me and I immediately blush and scramble away from his hold. Mark didn't look like he understood. I stand up after not hearing a response from him.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I probably made him uncomfortable. This is why I should keep my mouth shut.

"Wait, Channie. Don't go. Please?" I stop myself from beginning to walk away. I don't look at him though, the humiliation starting to set in.

"Do you- do you mean it? Like, are you just saying that you appreciate me or do you actually love me as in love me? Please don't play with me here."

I quickly turn towards him with my eyes wide. Does he mean what I think he means?

"Mark, I love you. As in, love you. I understand if you don't feel the same. I mean we only just met, but I couldn't help the feelings. I'm sorry." I felt the confidence burning out once again.

Mark rose from his seat and walked towards me. His face was hard to read. As soon as he reached me, he smiles brightly, his typical Mark Lee smile. The one I fell for.

"I didn't think my feelings would be reciprocated."

My eyes widen at his words.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm trying to say, that I love you, too, dummy," Mark laughs before doing the unthinkable.

He kisses me.

I quickly respond into the kiss while wrapping my arms around his neck. He felt like home. The warmth I felt all over made me feel safe and happy. Everything about this felt right, felt natural.

"Oh my god, are you serious?! This is a movie theater not a kissing theater."

"Do they even make those?"

"No, you idiots they don't. Also, would the two oblivious idiots in the front please take the pda elsewhere? Thank you very much."

We break the kiss and turn our heads to the entrance of the theater to find Yangyang, Renjun, and Jisung standing there. Well, that's a bit awkward.

"Hey, lets go watch a movie in my room and that way we don't have to worry about them," Mark suggests quietly to me. I immediately agree and we set off, hand in hand, to his room.