Chapter 16

After the day of the announcement Taeyong had made, my nights have been restless, staying up with my mind full of thoughts. He didn't mention the name of the person, but it could be anyone. That lab is a huge corporation.

I can't help, but think about how this could be a traitor. If it's someone from the lab, they could potentially tell on me and get me either locked up or even killed.

"Chan?"

I jump in my seat from not expecting a voice to sound next to me. I look at Jaehyun, who is now joining my seated position on the couch in the quiet library. I found myself coming here more and more to be alone with my thoughts. The room has a serene atmosphere to it that makes you feel safe.

"Hi, Jaehyun. Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to come in here."

"No worries. I actually was just checking on you. You seem to be in your mind a lot more lately, like when you first came here. If you need, I'm more than happy to hear your thoughts. Sometimes it helps to have someone to listen to your worries."

I pause for a moment before unloading my mind. "Well, you know how I ran away from that lab? That day that I met you, I was terrified that even though I had just escaped, I was worried every person I came across was apart of the lab. I was worried that they would drag me back, literally. I had dreams about it for a week straight." I pause again to breathe. My head was beginning to hurt again, the fifth time this week.

"When Taeyong mentioned that someone from the lab was joining us, I went back into my shell of anxiety. What if it's a traitor? What if they're pretending to be on our side just to get to me? I'm scared, Jaehyun."

A tear escapes my eyes and my whole body begins to shake from the panic. Jaehyun immediately wraps his arm around me and pulls me into a tight hug. My anxieties lessened slightly and the thoughts bouncing in my head stopped moving for just a moment. It felt good to have someone there for me and to tell me that it will be okay.

"If you want, we can go to Taeyong and ask for the name of this person. This could also be of some help to us and you can tell us if we can trust him or not."

I immediately nod my head, feeling some relief filling in me. It was only a little bit of relief, though. The mysterious person needs to be identified first.

"Come on. Let's go find him. I think he's done working for the day so he should be watching a movie."

We exit the library and make our way to the in-home cinema. The flashing lights of the film being played on the screen could be seen under the closed door. Sure enough, Taeyong, along with Johnny, Jungwoo, Chenle, Jisung, Renjun, Sicheng, and Yangyang were all occupying the plush couches seated in front of the wide theater screen.

Jaehyun has me stand next to the candy supply station in the back of the room while he fetches Taeyong. It didn't take long, and soon enough we're back in Taeyong's office.

"I'm sorry for scaring you Haechan. I also didn't think about the fact that you could help us determine if they're trust worthy or not. Let me pull up his information on my laptop."

I sit down in one of the seats facing his desk. It was a leather office chair, but the ones that didn't swivel. It seemed pretty fancy. His whole office was fancy. The walls were lined with books and there were random standing plants around the edge of the room.

"Okay, the gang's name is G7 and their leader is JB, or Im Jaebum. Do you recognize that name at all?"

I stare at Taeyong, unable to form words.

"Maybe you should show Haechan a picture, just in case the name is unfamiliar." I almost forgot that Jaehyun was still in the room with us, standing by the door the entire time.

Taeyong moves his computer around for me to see the screen and sure enough, Im Jaebum was right there. My eyes widen and my heartbeat quickens from .

He's alright. He's going to help us? I thought he was working with the lab. Or was it just a job and he didn't actually work for their gang? Many questions get jumbled up in my brain as a headache begins to form, again.

"So? Do you know him?"

My mouth can't form sentences properly just yet, so I just nod my head a couple of times.

"Uh, he actually wa-was the person who took care of me. Jaebum is someone kind of like family to me since I don't have any family. He made me feel normal for once. He is trustworthy. He really is."

Taeyong nods, "That makes me relieved. They are coming here tomorrow for a meeting and I want you to join in on it. I'll let you two meet and reconnect."

A smile grows widely on my face. I'll get to see Jaebum again.