Chapter 13

Taeil and Mark had spent the last five hours helping me figure out how to control my powers more strategically. I was glad to have Mark along because he helped calm my anxiety. It's funny how I barely just met him a couple of days ago, but I trust him more than anyone I've ever met.

"Let's take a break, shall we? I don't want to stress you out too much. I do have to say, Haechan, you're really powerful. You may not see it, but you can do a lot of destruction. I'm kind of glad to not be on the opposing side."

My face heats up from the compliment. No one's really told me if I'm doing okay or not so it's nice to know someone acknowledges my strengths instead of belittling me.

"Mark, take him for a lunch break. He deserves it. We can meet back here in an hour? I have some plans to make."

Taeil dismisses us and I find myself energized, despite the strenuous activity that I had just done. I was in control this time and it felt good. I had people beside me, willing to fight for me.

"What's that goofy grin for?" Mark asks, poking my side. I giggle and shrug. There wasn't much that could bring my happy mood down.

————

Taeyong had decided to sit in on the second practice, after the break. I'm not going to lie, it made me feel a bit pressured and intimidated. I understand why he wants to watch, but I just feel like I might disappoint him if I'm not good enough.

"Okay, so we'll begin with a couple of exercises, then we'll try some harder challenges. Please, don't be afraid to tell me if it gets too difficult for you. The objective of this is to not only practice, but to see how strong your powers are. I don't want you hurt."

I nod at Taeil's words, feeling a bit reassured. Earlier were just warmups and to show him the extent of what I can do. Now that Taeyong is here, I have to prove I'm strong enough to handle missions and gang related tasks.

I trust myself, though. I know I am good enough. I wouldn't have gotten this far if I wasn't. They may have pumped me up with various mystery chemicals and injected me with a myriad of toxins to control me, but I am not going to let them win.

It seemed like time flew by quickly because before we knew it, it was already dinner time. The aftermath of this training had me very weak, but proud. I could tell Taeyong and Taeil were impressed with the outcomes because the two had immediately dove into a quiet conversation and left to the office.

"Haechan, that was so cool! I can't believe I got to experience that up close! I can't believe you have that ability! I can't believe I know someone with superpowers! I can't believe-"

I giggle, "Okay, okay!"

Mark blushes, "Sorry, just a bit excited and kind of really attracted to you right now." He sends a wink to me and leaves me to join Lucas in the kitchen.

Wait. Attracted? To me? Uh.

I slowly make my way to the kitchen, my face as red as a tomato. Mark finds me attractive. Wow, I really was not expecting that.

"Haechannie, dude! I saw some of your practice. You're awesome! Taeyong would be a fool to not let you join us."

"Yeah and you'd be a fool if you didn't keep your mouth shut, Lucas."

Everyone's heads whip to the voice at the entrance of the kitchen. Taeyong was entering, followed by Taeil. Mark snickers quietly at the comeback and lucas tries to blabber out an excuse, face bright red.

"Haechan, can you come with me? I want to talk to you about something."

My heart starts to race at the nervousness from hearing Taeyong's request. I nod and immediately follow him to, I assume, his office.

"You can sit down, but this will only take a moment." I oblige and sit down across from him. "Your powers are incredible, Haechan. Seriously, I'm impressed. I would appreciate your help, if you would, and I'm willing to follow through with your request. I just need a bit more information on everything that happened at the lab, but I think you might need to hear this first."