Chapter 11

It felt good to work on my powers again and really focus on them. Kun seemed to examine every move as if he was doing research. I won't lie I was a little intimidated and pressured.

"I was a lab experiment," I begin, and Kun sends me a hum in response as he listened to my explanation. "I was adopted when I was a baby, by the owner of the largest lab in Seoul. Immediately, he threw me into all of the experiments and completely stripped me of a childhood. I've been poked and prodded by machines and scientists for as long as I can remember. They created me to be their weapon."

The silence that followed felt suffocating. I knew he was only thinking and processing all of what I said, but I couldn't help feeling vulnerable.

A slow pain seeped into my head. Teleportation  really does a number on me. "Um, could I possibly have something for my headache? Using my powers makes my head pound afterwards."

Kun nods his head and immediately sets off for some medication for me. It's a good thing I was left with a doctor.

"You know, Haechan, I know someone who can help you. She's a good friend of mine who studies these kinds of things. I think she can help you." I give him an uneasy look. "Don't worry. I promise she will treat you like you're human. She's got a kind soul, but I think she can help you control your powers."

Someone who would actually be willing to help me? Instead of just throw me into research? The thought of finally having complete control of my abilities made me feel hopeful. "Where is she at?"

"That's the thing," he pauses. "She lives in America."

————

Everyone returned later that night, exhausted and some bruised up. It didn't seem like they had too difficult of a time. I wanted to check on Mark, but him and Johnny seemed deep in a discussion so I just let them be. I'll just ask him about it tomorrow. It was getting late.

I decide to head to bed early. After having shown Kun my powers, he kept having me show him certain things that I was able to do, but it had caused me to feel so mentally exhausted. I needed sleep and my bed sounded like such a good idea right now.

It didn't take me too long to fall asleep, as I had made myself into a burrito of blankets and I had never felt more comfy.

Mark's pov

The meeting with Johnny, Jaehyun, and Taeyong ended pretty late. We weren't able to be successful with this mission. It was a ploy to get us to that warehouse, but it ended up just being a couple of guys there ready to fight us. They had moved their base to another location. Taeyong did not like that.

I headed upstairs and noticed Jaehyun exiting the bathroom, most likely getting ready for bed. "Night, Jae."

"Night, Mark."

Before we could part ways, a scream had stopped us in our tracks, followed by some whimpering.

Haechan.

Jaehyun shoots himself to the younger boy's room. I followed behind.

"He's having a nightmare. Check up on him."

Jaehyun didn't need to tell me twice. He retreated back to his bedroom, leaving me alone with the sleeping boy. Haechan was sweating and moving around.

I didn't waste anymore time in rushing to his side. I sat down next to him and immediately started rubbing his head and whispering out sweet nothings, which seemed to help. He unconsciously wrapped his arms around my torso, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

I loved the feeling of being close to him like this. It made me feel like I was keeping him safe, protecting him from the world. That thought brought a smile to my face. I want to protect him from anything bad. He doesn't deserve to suffer anymore.

"I'm here, Haechan. You don't need to worry," I whisper out. A soft sigh from the younger eased my nerves and told me that he had calmed down. I felt a sense of accomplishment there. Maybe tonight didn't end too badly.