Chapter 33

The sound of gunshots were like a melody to an angry symphony. The occasional shouts accompanied the ricocheting bullets. It was a blind showdown between the two gangs.

Kun and Haechan managed to find a small secluded area by the main room created by some tables turned over. "Okay, this should be hidden enough. I have to go find Taeyong, stay here please."

Kun looks around for a moment before grabbing a piece of a broken table. "Use this if anyone tries to hurt you."

Haechan nods, grabbing for the object from Kun's outstretched hand. He sat with his legs curled into him, chin tucked into his knees, as Kun ran off. Thoughts were bouncing around in his head, but he couldn't make sense of any of them. Everything happened so quickly, he didn't see his father there as he walked out of the bathroom earlier. The way he threatened to kill his friends if he didn't follow him. Haechan was so worried that Taeyong would be disappointed in him for falling that low.

A sound of feet hitting the ground, as if the source was running, alarmed Haechan. Tightening his grip on the broken table leg, he was ready to attack the mysterious threat.

"I CAN HURT YOU." Haechan shouted as the unknown person showed themselves.

"Hey, hey, no it's just me, baby." Mark crouches down next to Haechan, grabbing the weapon the younger was about to use. "Kun told me you'd be over here."

"Mark," the younger looks up at the older with tears forming in his eyes. He didn't think he would get to see the other anymore. Haechan immediately wraps his arms around him, his nose pushed into the nook of the older's neck.

"How are you? Are you hurt at all? What did he do to you?"

Instead of responding, Haechan reveals his bandaged arm. "I th-think he put something in my arm. It hurts."

A look of malice takes over Mark's eyes. He hated the idea of the other gang leader to begin with, but this put him over the edge. The older begins to stand up, gun in his hand as he reloads the ammo.

"Mark, please, stay with me for now." Haechan shakes his head, trying to convince him to not do anything reckless.

"He hurt you. I wasn't there to protect you and he fucking hurt you. I can't let that man see the light of day." He was fuming so hard that there was practically smoke coming from his ears.

A voice brought them on edge again, but it revealed to be Yuta. He walks over to the two and crouches down, as well, to avoid being spotted by any passerby's of the other gang.

"Haechan, how are you? We were so worried."

"They put something in his arm. We have to get Kun to look at it and think about how to get whatever it is out. He-"

"Mark," Haechan interrupts the other. "We need to worry about getting everyone out of here. He's dangerous. This didn't work out how we planned."

Gunshots from the nearby hallway stole their attention. Mark and Yuta peered their heads over the table so that only their eyes were visible. When they concluded that they were still safe, they crouched back down.

"I'm calling Jaehyun. We need help," Yuta decides. Mark and Haechan nod as he got out his phone to quickly dial Jaehyun's number. He was quick to get a response, almost as if Jaehyun was anticipating the call. He was only able to get Xiaojun, Winwin, and Lucas to join him, but that was enough help.

Haechan remembered how someone mentioned they were part of the group that was great with hand-to-hand combat. Hendery, Ten, and Yangyang were also apart of that group.

"They should be here any minute."

The shots were louder, as if they were in the same room as them. Mark and Yuta check over the table again. It was confirmed there were others in the room when all of a sudden Mark whips his pistol out and fires a couple of rounds, constantly reloading. When they were clear, he realizes who was next to him and sends a guilty look towards Haechan.

"Okay, I am absolutely terrified right now, but that was incredibly hot." Yuta begins laughing uncontrollably at Haechan's comment and Mark gets flustered.

"That's it I'm leaving you at home next time." Mark's statement causes Yuta to laugh even harder.

The sound of running distracts them again. This time it seemed like the fight moved into the room the three were in. Haechan started shaking again. Maybe it was time to help out and use some of his powers.

"Haechan stay here." Mark and Yuta run towards the middle of the main hall, where Taeyong, Kun, and Johnny were located. They all were shooting everywhere at any of the opposing threat.

Doyoung and Ten were no where to be found, but he figured they were fighting elsewhere. He focused on figuring out how to help the others.

As if on cue, Doyoung and Ten come running in the room, followed by the reinforcements Yuta had called for.