Chapter Five- An unusual offering

"Did you get what I asked?" I stood at the doorway to the dormitory staring down at Malfoy who was sat on the edge of his bed looking up nervously at me like a shy puppy. He nodded. 
I rose and eyebrow at him as he still remained motionless. 
"Well..." I prompted through gritted teeth, this seemed to urge him along as he sprung to his feet and started rummaging in his satchel at the foot of his bed. I rolled my eyes,
"In your own time Malfoy, you know how I like to grow old." 
Carefully he pulled a small package from the bottom of the bag and walked over to me before extending the package towards me . His eyes flickered to the floor as I took it from him, turning it over in my hands slowly I looked back up at him. 
"What... what is it for?" he asked me cautiously. I narrowed my eyes at him, how dare he question me as if I would share private business with him. His connections and wealth made him a useful tool but nothing more. 
"I don't think that is any of your business is it Malfoy." I replied calmly, he did not reply. 
Looking back down at the brown wrapped paper in my hands I began to unfold it. The golden head of a lion with rubies for eyes shimmered up at me upon a delicate golden chain, I smirked. 
"Well done Malfoy. You have proven yourself most useful." I covered it once more in the paper wrappings. 
"It's real, it cost all of my termly allowance." he muttered. I rose my brow at him once more sensing the warning he quickly shuck himself. 
"But of course I'm honored to have been able to help..." he glanced down at the floor once more. 
"I'm sure you are." I smirked. The fact that it only cost him his 'termly allowance' sickened me. The spoilt brat. Regardless I was more than happy for his parents inept parenting. 

I stared down at the pendent sat upon my desk. I had been perfecting the enchantment for days, all that was left to do was to execute it. I smiled to myself, she would soon be under my grasp. I closed my eyes holding my hand over the pendent. Focusing deeply I began to feel the heat from the magic curse through my arm and into my hand. I captured it there before directing it to leave my hand. I opened my eyes just in time to catch the last pulsating purple swirling glow before the pendent became inanimate and still once more. 

I stepped through the threshold of the Great Hall, suppressing a sigh at the loud crowd of students scurrying about. Gone was the calm and solitude that the holidays brought. My gaze traveled across the hall until it fell upon her. Laughing and smiling carelessly the pendent shimmering around her neck, I smirked realising who it was she was talking to. 
"Bloody hell talk of the devil. How do you do that!?" Lazarus jumped as he finally realised my presence beside him. 
"It's a pleasure to see you again too Lazarus," I smirked. 
"I thought you might have died, you know not hearing from you all holiday," Lazarus snipped, a smirk playing at his lips. 
"You're not that lucky Laz," I replied simply. Banter with Lazarus never did get old, he was quick but not quite quick enough. I noticed Wiglaf's gaze on me intensify, I turned my attention to him curiously only to see his gaze flicker towards Grisha who averted her eyes quickly. I frowned, I disliked the idea that someone was aware of something I was not. No matter if it was important I would discover it. We split from each other beginning to make our way to our respective tables for breakfast.
I paused as I heard my name called from behind, Grisha. I turned my head in her direction. 
"Thank you," she breathed. I smirked inclining my head slightly before continuing back to the Slytherin table. 

As I approached the table the congregation parted way for my presence as I took my seat in my usual place. Rosier to my right smiled at me. 
"Morning." He greeted a smirk playing upon his lips. "Why do you bother with them?" He asked nodding towards where I had just been stood with the other Heirs. 
"You would not understand maybe someday you will see their benefits to us." I lifted the goblet to my lips smirking over a the blonde girl who was absently biting into a piece of toast.