twelve

angela and fuckshit were down to their underwear when louisa kicked the front door in, rueben and stevie trailing behind her ready for a fight. the stench of weed filled the trio's nostrils and a few seconds passed when louisa thought.

should she beat fuckshit's ass or angela's?

she decided on both, knowing that when she went for her partner, angela would try to defend him. she did, and after louisa got a couple hits in on fuckshit, angela tried to pry the taller girl off of him.

then lou turned and slapped the brown girl, the impact echoing through the living room. stevie and rueben winced, fuckshit was too busy holding his face to react. both angela and louisa attempted to pounce on each other, but louise was taller. another loud impact was made when angela's body slammed against the floor.

louisa managed to kick angela before getting on her knees and landing more hits on the girl, blood began to leak from the girl's nose. adrenaline forced the pleas from rueben and stevie to stop out of lou's mind. angela attempted to claw at the chinese girl's face, only to have her wrists grabbed and slammed against the wooden floor repeatedly.

it was fuckshit who grabbed lou off of angela, pinching louisa's hand to get her to let go of the brown girl's hair that she'd latched onto. he lifted her over his shoulder and walked out of the house, murmuring insults under his breath and only setting lou down when they were down the street.

"what the fuck is your problem?" he scolded her like a child, waving his hands in front of her face. "is something wrong with your fucking brain? are you fucking dumb?"

louisa made a face at his questions, folding her arms in front of her body and listening to fuckshit talk. "like seriously, i fuck who i want, lou. we had one good summer and all of a sudden you're attached? what the fuck, man?"

"we said we loved each other! that we'd grow old together and do grown people shit like taxes and paying off our mortgage! i thought we'd have kids together, daniel! this is how you treat me? i've been gone for months and i come back and you're fucking this chick? did you even cry?"

tears were coming down both of their faces now, the mention of lou's disappearance triggering memories both of them wanted to forget. fuckshit wiped his face with the back of his hand and huffed, avoiding eye contact.

"did you? i never stopped thinking about you! by the time a month passed i figured you guys gave up," she sniffled. "did you give up? did you cry?"

"lou, no, i'm not-"

"answer me! did you give up?" it was silent for a split second before her voice erupted from her throat, a loud screech that was almost inaudible. "did you fucking give up?"

the answer was no, of course. the day she showed up at her mom's doorstep he was in tijuana, the thought that maybe she just wanted to get away for a while seemed certain. she wasn't at the beach, he even learned spanish so he could ask the people if they knew the pretty girl on the paper he carried.

of course he cried. when the case closed he isolated himself for weeks, weed was the only thing he consumed for days. his mother tried showering him with gifts and money, only to be shut out or yelled at.

then there was angela. she had everything louisa had and a little bit more, curves with no braces, short with little baggage and less body hair than lou. they first hooked up at one of her parties, he realized that he wouldn't forget about lou anytime soon but angela could help numb his body enough to not care.

he got attached after a while, he admit it. angela would grind up against other dudes at parties and fuckshit would have to remind himself that he's no better. for fucks sake, he was fucking another girl while his girlfriend was probably dead in a ditch somewhere or being forced to fuck someone in a basement. he'd drink when those thoughts wandered into his head, arriving home drunk and dismissing calls from his friends.

"i never gave up, lou," fuckshit sniffled and rolled his eyes. "of fucking course i cried! you can't get mad at me for trying to move on, louisa!"

"i can and i am," she scoffed. "i need you, daniel! every time i need you you're never there! my dad cut me, daniel! i ran to motor thinking you'd be there but the only person to hold me in their arms was fourth grade! i found out you're fucking some chick while i'm being beaten!"

fuckshit was silent, an unreadable look on his face. he didn't know what to do, he didn't know what he could do. he wasn't going to apologize for messing around with some girl while she was coincidentally being cut by her dad.

"where's your mom?" was all he said.

"at fucking work, daniel. that's not the point."

"what's the point, then?"

"that i fucking need you! i'm so dependent on you and i'm hooked on you! i don't want to feel this way, daniel, but i do! i'm in love with you in some sick and twisted way and you don't even realize it! i need you."

those last three words repeated themselves in both of their heads, fuckshit was still unresponsive. it was probably shock, lou thought. soon his face turned from nonchalant to angry, then confused.

"i didn't know that."

lou jumped at fuckshit before gaining control of her muscles again, standing back where she was and shaking her head, "i'll fucking hurt you." she laughed and shook her head again, turning to walk away in the direction of motor.