First Mission

(Present day, three months after Izuku was kidnapped.)

Izuku's P.O.V

I sat at one of the bar stools and complained to Kurogiri about never being sent on missions. Toga and Dabi were out on one right now, which I was unhappy about. I could have went, but Shigaraki said I wasn't ready yet. How stupid is that? Kurogiri sat there and listened to me until I was done ranting.

"If you want to go on a mission that bad I could ask Shigaraki for you." He said.

"Really?! That'd be great if you could!"

"Only if you don't tell Toga and Dabi though. They'll get mad if they knew I helped you."

"Why would they be mad?"

"I'll tell you that another time."

"Okay!" I replied with a smile."Do you think they'll be back soon?"

"Yeah. they've been gone for quite some time now."

"I'll wait for them then."

I sat in the stool, swinging my legs back and forth in a childish manner. A comfortable silence fell over us and I was content with that. I tapped my thighs with my hands and stared at the door of the abandoned bar, waiting for the door to open and reveal my friends. After waiting a while more they finally entered the bar.

"You're back!" I yelled excitedly, running at Toga and Dabi to give them a hug.

Dabi groaned in annoyance and Toga responded by laughing.

"Were you waiting for us again Midoriya? Don't you have anything better to do?" Toga genuinely asked.

"Nope."

I gave her a smile before releasing them from the hug.

"We have to report back to Shigaraki but when we're done we can hang out in your room, okay?"

"Okay!"

I watched them walk away as Dabi secretly tried to hold her hand. They don't know this, but we all know what's going on between them. We pretend like we don't notice though. (Sorry if you don't ship those two. I just thought I'd be nice to add other ships in the story.) I said goodbye to Kurogiri and went to my room, sitting on my bed. I hope their mission went well. I waited almost thirty minutes for them and I'm starting to think they got in trouble or something. Eventually they walked into my room with not so happy faces. Toga day next to me and Dabi leaned on the wall.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"We... We failed our mission..." Toga said, not acting as her energetic self. "I mean, I knew we were going to get in trouble for it, but Shigaraki could've taken it a little easier on us..."

"I'm sorry..." I replied, wrapping an arm around Toga.

Dabi glared at me but I didn't care. If he wasn't going to comfort her then I will.

"Thank you."

She smiled at me sadly before turning her attention to Dabi.

"Moving on from this topic, what would you like to do?" She asked him.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. What about you Midoriya?"

"I don't know either!" I responded, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well, looks like we all don't know." She laughed.

"Lets just talk." Dabi suggested.

"Okay." Toga and I replied in unison.