If He Won't Let You, I Will

I sat on my bed staring at the wall. I'm so very confused on everything that has been said. I don't know what to think anymore. Do I pretend like I never heard anything? Do I really want to know the truth? I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. What to do... Maybe I'll just talk to Shigaraki about it, though I'll get in trouble for eavesdropping. I could always just say I was on my way to Toga's room and overheard him... Okay. I'll do that. I have to or else it'll keep bothering me. I got off of my bed and inhaled deeply before leaving the room. When I got to Shigaraki's room I hesitated on knocking on his door. Do I really want to go through with this? I mean, he could always just lie to me, but what if he was lying to Bakugo? Well that wouldn't make much sense since they both seemed to know what they were talking about... What if there's another Izuku in the League that I don't know about though? Fine. I'll go through with it. I knocked on his door and it quickly opened, revealing an always anxious Shigaraki.

"Oh, it's just you." He said, turning away from me and walking further into his room.

I entered and shut the door, standing as still as a statue.

"What do you need, Midoriya?"

"U-Uhm well..."

"Hurry it up, I don't have all day."

"I-I overheard you talking to the prisoner earlier when I was on my way to Toga's room..."

"And?"

"Well uh... Is it true that you did something to me? That I know that boy? I'm sorry I was just confused! Don't yell at me..."

Shigaraki stayed silent and I started to feel smaller by the second. Was this a bad idea? Is he mad at me? Oh no, I hope he's not mad!

"None of that is true." He finally said.

"But you told the boy I was his dear friend, at least I think you were talking about me... what did-"

"I said none of it was true. I answered your question so why are you still asking about it? I said what I said for a reason. That reason has nothing to do with you, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Good. Is that all?"

"Yes..."

I turned around and grabbed the doorknob, about to turn it until he spoke again.

"Tell Toga the prisoner won't be getting a bed unless he joins the League."

"Okay."

I opened the door and left the room, feeling something close to anger boiling within me. I don't know why what he said made me so upset. I already heard him say the same thing to Bakugo. I already knew this, yet it still upset me? Whatever. I better go tell Toga. I walked all the way to the basement and knocked on her door. She's lucky I had to tell her something because of Shigaraki or else I wouldn't have even visited her today. I heard moving around in her room before the door opened. Dabi stood in the doorway and I was quite surprised. I didn't expect to see him here.

"What do you want?" He asked in an aggravated tone.

"Shigaraki told me to tell Toga something."

"She's not here right now. If you tell me I can tell her myself."

"If she's not here then why are you here?"

"Just tell me wh-"

"Dabi, who's at the door?" Toga asked.

"I thought she wasn't here?" I asked with a smirk as he looked over his shoulder at her.

"It's for you..." He mumbled, looking at me coldly before walking away.