Worthy for Power

Hostess of Fertility

"Is it really alright?" Bell asked hesitantly "Sure! Just remember to give it back after you read it" Syr said.

"Alright then..." Bell said taking the book and looking at it.

....

Abandoned Church

"Bell...that book" Diavolo said "What?" Bell said confused "It gives off a strange sensation of power" Diavolo said suspicious.

"What do you mean?" Bell said placing the book back down "This is the work of a god, I'm sure of it" Diavolo said getting angry.

Bell picked the book back up "Bell what are you..." Diavolo was confused "Whatever this power may be, I don't think it's dangerous" Bell said confidently.

Bell opened the book and started reading "...What language is this?" Bell squinted his eyes.

A voice was suddenly heard by both Bell and Diavolo "You desire power, yet you already have the power to stand above all" Diavolo's voice was heard "Diavolo?" Bell was confused.

"I wasn't the one who said that" Diavolo said also confused "You are us and we are you" Bell"s voice was heard.

"What do you mean Bell?" Diavolo said getting even more confused "I didn't say that!" Bell said trying to close the book.

"We see two paths for us, one ending in a sacrifice that would save everything" The Diavolo from the book said.

"And one ending in an ocean of blood" The Bell from the book followed "I-I'm...losing...consciousness" Diavolo and Bell said.

"Let us begin" The Diavolo and Bell from the book said "What is magic to us?" Bell's voice asked Bell.

Bell was hesitant to answer. Confused, dazed, and afraid his mouth didn't want to answer, yet it moved anyway "Something that I've always yearned for, something that I've always wanted, something that is powerful and mysterious" Bell answered.

"What does magic mean to us?" Diavolo's voice asked Diavolo "Power, the power to destroy anything that gets in the way of our plans" Diavolo tried resisting. And though he tried as hard as he could, there was no way to stop the words from spewing out his mouth.

"What kind of thing is magic to us?" Diavolo's voice asked Diavolo again "Something like a bomb, something that can be used for destruction and it will end only in destruction no matter what kind of magic it is" Diavolo answered.

"What do you seek in magic?" Bell's voice asked Bell "To become strong and fast like her" Bell thought of Aiz and her feats. How gracious and captivating she looked even while slaughtering beasts.

"To become faster, stronger, smarter and more durable than anyone and anything...to catch up to her..." Bell answered the question willingly this time.

"Is that all?" Diavolo and Bell's voice asked them both, both of their minds thought of the same thing.

"To become the apex of perfection" They answered at the same time "Such an amazing ambition we have" Bell's voice said

"I hope we achieve it" Diavolo's voice said "We will" Bell and Diavolo said smiling with a determined face.

"ell...Bell...Bell!" Hestia's voice startled them "Reading a book and then falling asleep? In a place like this?" Hestia asked him confused.

"And didn't you say you wanted a status report today?" Hestia asked him "What the hell just happened?" Bell muttered to himself, his memories of the past few hours had been hazy. He could recall doing some stuff, but not everything.