The Chapter you'll Like - Jonah Marais

At the ball Jonah held my hand when Daniel and Victoria greeted his family. Jonah started to shake when he faced a specific set of adults.

"Babe? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I uh... Shayna...my ...uh.. My parents are here." He said. I heard the anxiety from his voice and laughed a little.

"What's bad about that?" I asked. Jonah looked at me in confusion.

"They are my parents! What if they don't like you!?" he said. I shook my head.

"Let's go-"

"NO!" Jonah immediately pulled away and backed up.

"What the hell Jonah?" I shouted. Jonah looked at me and shook his head lightly.

"Shayna, I'm not ready for this. You can't just approach them-"

"Jonah!" Shouted voices. I looked to my left and saw his parents approach him.

"MOM! DAD!" He shouted without enthusiasm.

"Baby!" his mother said. She kissed him on his cheek and I smiled as she looked at me.

"Who.... who is this?'

"EH..uh.. Mom this is ... Shayna. My girlfriend." He said. He put his hands in his pocket and stared me in the eyes smiling softly.

"Im ... well shayna." I said shaking her hand. She smiled and laughed.

"What a lovely name!''She said. "You're a beautiful young girl- Now how old are you 16?"

My smile faded away and Jonah's smile immediately turned to a jaw drop." I ... I'm sorry?"

"NO it's that Jonah usually dates the uh.... Young type-"

"I'm sorry mom this is an event that I want to be happy at instead of running from my parents?'' He said. His mother stared as he grabbed my hand and took me. Suddenly Jonah knelt down. I was confused when he reached in his pocket. "I should've done this earlier."

I started to watch and it clicked. OH. MY. GOD.

"Shayna my one and only beautiful angel. Will you marry me?" He said.

I stared blankly when I started to cry. "YES JONAH YES!!''

Suddenly flashes were surrounding us. I smiled and knew that my life had changed from that moment.

*

Later we walked around when Charlie Puth came up and smiled. "Congrats on the engagement." He said. Jonah hand shook and I had butterflies in my stomach.

IM ENGAGED. TO JONAH MARAIS!!!

Nick Jonas spotted us and hugged Jonah. "So when's the baby coming?" He joked Jonah laughed nervously and looked at me. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Funny!" I said. Jonah's expression changed. He seemed upset now. Maybe annoyed.

We walked around the room waited until the awards started when They were called up and got an award. I sat watching Jonah and he smiled. His smile made me so happy.

Gabbie touched my hand and smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek. I knew what Jonah wanted.

He wanted a baby.