Chapter Fourteen

The next two weeks passed in a blur of nursing duties, hospital duties, house duties and taking care of her father: The most stubborn man she'd ever met. He gradually healed enough to come back and save 1A from her tutelage. Aizawa felt it best not to tell Maeve how relieved the class were to see him, crowding around and basking in his utterly dreary countenance before he told them to shut up and take their seats.

Before they knew it, the day of the festival was upon them. Maeve didn't really view the sports event with any sense of nervousness or excitement. She'd attended too many. It mainly just instilled a sense of tired resolution. The nurse didn't just have the first years tearing each other to pieces to worry about. Oh no. The second and third year tournaments were also her responsibility. Third years were generally the most violent, actually. Desperation did things to people, and it was their last chance to get scouted. Last year, she'd need to reattach someone's leg after a particularly intense duel.

Now Midoriya was involved, Maeve wondered how he'd manage to break himself this time. She had surgical equipment, ice packs and stretcher bots at the ready. Most importantly, 4 flasks of coffee were handy in her temporary office. As she stretched back and watched the live stream playing out in her visor, Maeve heard the muffled sound of the crowd's roars. It was starting. The camera focused in on the commentary box and her father was shown in all of his miserable, mummified glory. She pulled out her phone with an incredibly crooked grin.

Proof that I shouldn't raise children

Enjoying yourself?

He didn't reply, but Maeve noticed his eyes flick down on camera. She'd need to push harder.

Proof that I shouldn't raise children

Your fly is down. Hear the cheering of the crowd? It's because they saw your bright pink hello kitty knickerbockers.

Popsicle

Stip textging mw

I'm tryig to commerce

*concentral

*concealed

*commentate

*concentrate

I can't type w bandged habds

U know thst

Proof that Aizawa shouldn't raise children

If I knew that why would I be texting you?

That would be such a cruel thing for a child to do to their parent.. Oh wait.

Yep I knew. 

Omg I just remembered something.

Popsicle

Wht?

Proof that Aizawa shouldn't raise children

Bakugo was the highest scorer in the entrance exams

Popsicle

And?

Proof that Aizawa shouldn't raise children