Ball

It's been awhile since Papa fought the big bad Hendrickson and I got outta that purple place.

Don't ask me how, cuz I don't know! By the time I left the portal place, Papa had already defeated Hendrickson.

So anyway, mister King of Liones is holding a ball in Papa's honor!

But there was one problem ...

"You can't go Squirt."

"WHY PAPA!"

Papa sighed, ruffling my hair with an empathetic smile. Miss Rusty looked over and saw my dire situation so she explained.

"The Prince of Svar, Edvard, is coming to the ball. Father is trying to make good connections between some other kingdoms too."

"I can be good Papa!" I cried, tugging on his sleeve. "I promise!"

Papa leaned down and pressed a small kiss to my forehead, a sorry expression flooding his eyes.

"I promise to take you next  time Squirt."

I pout and my eyes began to tear up. I throw Papa away from me, running up to my room with my stuffies.

...

"Sir Meliodas, would you mind telling me why Squirt is so upset?"

Elizabeth turned to the short man, placing a curious finger on her chin. Meliodas sighed, crossing his arms as he stared up the stairs.

"Being that I went into hiding for ten years and had Squirt, we never went to any sort of formal event. I would tell her about all the adventures and places I went, but she said the thing she wanted to go to most was a ball."

"Oh, now I feel bad that she can't go ... "

Elizabeth said dejectedly, her hands falling to her side.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Meliodas laughed, scratching the back of his neck.

"She'll probably find a way to get in."

...

I waited fo Papa and Miss Rusty to leave, before washing my face clean of my fake tears.

Years of manipulation really pays off in situations like these!

"Alright!" I pat my face dry. "Time to go see Teddy Bear!"

I transform into my older form and scan my wardrobe. I had to look good but also be comfy.

Then I remembered none of those clothes will either be formal or fit my current form.

"Pooie!" I fall back onto my but in vexation.

"Where can I get clothes that will fit me and look good on short notice? ... "

It took me a minute to think.

"Who lives in the tavern that wears a lot of formal clothes ... "

A very serious minute.

"Oh I know! Papa! I'll just steal one of his shirts, use a bit of my hocus pocus magic on the pants, grab a bow tie, and magic some suspenders outta thin air!"

I set my plan into action by accidentally busting the door off its hinges and rummaging through Papa's dresser.

It took me another very serious but even more serious minute to find a spell to enlarge the pants.

"Hocus pocus ... no."

"Abracadabra ... no."

"Open Sesame ... Why did I even think about that?"