Tell Me!

"Tell me." Meliodas's glare harden. "What exactly happened."

Edvard shivered in fear, his eyes downcasted to the ground as in disappointment in himself. Merlin placed a sympathetic hand on her superior's shoulder, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Captain, I know you want answers but you have to calm down."

Meliodas's rage turned onto Merlin, his body and shoulders tensing. He had to stop himself from attacking his comrade.

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN?! THEY'VE PROBABLY - "

Elizabeth rushed to embrace the worried man, his body instantly relaxing at her calming touch. She knelt down to his height and ran her hand through his hair.

"It's alright sir Meliodas, we'll find her."

Her voice and eyes were soft as she stood back up, Meliodas much calmer than before.

Edvard gathered what little courage he possessed, and stood as tall as his nervous body could muster.

"I-I'll tell you, and I h-hope you can for-forgive me for what I-I've done."

The room went silent and all gave their attention to the shaken prince of Svar. Meliodas and locked hands with Elizabeth to ease pain if only slightly.

"We were heading back to Svar when we felt an immense amount of dark power surge through the land. I was worried about the safety of my people and my family but I didn't want Fluffy - "

"Fluffy?" Meliodas raised a brow at the pet name, giving the prince a harsh glare.

"We uh, we h-have pet names for each other, but that's not important right now!" Edvard breezed past the uncomfortable subject, clearing his throat and continuing.

"She was ecstatic about the thought of fighting a powerful opponent, but she was going to help me out first. I told her to go back to her father as it was my duty to make sure my loved ones were safe but she brushed the thought off."

"That sure does sound like Squirt." Meliodas remarked about his daughter, chuckling to himself at the thought.

"I'll say! Anyway, as you know, Svar is not far from Edinburgh castle. So the closer we got, the more intense that dark power from before felt."

"And they eventually detected your presence I assume?" Merlin asked, a doubtful look plaguing her face.

Edvard nodded.

"Once we were detected, three commandments came to us."

Meliodas's body tensed again, and this time, Elizabeth couldn't calm him down.

"Which three?"

Edvard placed a finger on his chin, digging through his mind to recall events that had traversed earlier that day.

"I don't know their names but I can remember what they looked like. A youthful woman with long pinkish hair, a blue giant with four arms and a cloth over his head and a youthful fairy boy with long vibrant red hair."

Meliodas fell to his knees, grief striking him from all sides.

"So he's already found her ... "

...

Ok, so the day I'm posting this chapter Season four is airing in Japan so I'll be using the content from the sub since Netflix won't release Season four till July/August of 2020 and a girl don't have the time or patience to wait. Was just letting you know so once we hit season four territory, you won't be too shook.